Hold My Hand Please

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by jlynn, Jan 18, 2003.

1. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

I am sitting here at the puter biting my nails. We just put in an app with Ford Motor Credit. F & I says they pull EQ. Our score is 581, and all the GMAC derogs are poof gone (for the moment probably). So we are showing 10 GMAC paid as agreed in 10 yrs. Really need a car hubby's is dieing.

He should be calling me back shortly.

Oh yea, told him not to shop us, so he is only putting in thru Ford.

2. gargoyle

gargoyle Well-Known Member

jlynn ~

I've been there so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!! Good Luck!! Keep us posted....

3. psp in nm

psp in nm Well-Known Member

how about one of doc's hugs instead!!
    {{{jlynn}}}

4. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

I'm off to Ford for my 5.9%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

5. psp in nm

YEEEHAAAA!!!!! Nice work, jlynn!! Enjoy!!

6. smontoya5

smontoya5 Well-Known Member

Wow! Congrats JLynn! Maybe there is hope after all! Hubby and I need a car so badly but I'm trying to wait until the scores go up a bit. Would you mind sharing how many derogs you have? I'm just curious because hubbys scores are pretty similar to yours but when we tried for financing a few months ago we couldn't even get approved without a cosigner :(

7. allen074

allen074 Well-Known Member

go jlynn!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats lower than i have and my score now is 716!

just promise me NO SUV!

8. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Congratulations jlynn!!!!

9. Butch

Butch Well-Known Member

HUGE Congrats Jlynn,

Keep up the good work.

:)

10. toothfairy

toothfairy Well-Known Member

I'm curious too cause our scores are about the same and we will need a new car in May. We have 2 CO's though. Hopefully our scores will be sl higher by May. Did you put alot of $$ down??

11. psp in nm

ok, jlynn, what did you get? We're on pins and needles here!!!

12. rackt3

rackt3 Well-Known Member

I just refinanced my SUV haha :) with a credit union at 4.5%!. They pulled EFX and my score was 706 at the time.

Two hards fell off over the past couple of days and my score is currently 713 (3 more hards to go!)

13. rackt3

rackt3 Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!!

14. allen074

allen074 Well-Known Member

i did my refi at my cu and it was only 7% :(

guess i will keep getting ****ed

hah

15. afran

afran Banned

580 and 5.9? yeah right. i would like to see the papers on that.

16. waalien

waalien Well-Known Member

I'll be more than happy to send you the papers that show I got 6.9% with a 545. It happens.

17. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

Ok, I'll start with the naysayers. (I hate being called a liar--although I was).

I got 4.9% la la la la la neener afran.

2003 Ford SuperCrew 4 x 4 in pull me over Mr. Policeman Red. Its a gasoline engine. These trucks are incentive trucks, if we had been interested in their brand new 6.0 powerstrokes we would have been in a tier of 15.9%.

What I learned - I knew from others here, that Ford was good to work with. What the Fi Guy told me was, Ford does not look at your beacon, they look at the big picture. Hubby's report has 2 R5's and 1 CO, 1 AU CO, and Cap One is in collections (I'm still working with them--they are slow to respond). Also some other misc. late pays. But he has 10 paid as agreed GMAC accts over 10 yrs time. Our other current vehicle was a problem for us, as it had been showing 30 x 7. During CHOD, EQ had removed it, and just before the investigation was over put that notation back. I wrote them a nasty letter and claimed reinsertion. The notations had disappeared again on Friday, so we had to get while the getting was good.

The Fi Guy said we usually pull EQ, but sometimes they will pull one of the other two. I told him--well there are some errors on all my reports still, and if you want to close a sale, you are going to have to pull EQ - he said no prob.

DH thinks I hung the moon and stars this morning. One month ago GMAC turned us down flat, and the dealer wanted to put us with Transouth at 18%. I said no thank you, I will wait. The Fi Lady there said, "well your'e eventuallly going to have to pay that amount of interest to reestablish auto credit" My reply then "you underestimate me". Hubby wants to drive by their dealership in his new toy and give them an afran neener as well.

Thanks all for your support!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

Tooth,

We traded in our 91 car + $1,000 for TT&L. DH and I also live for negotiating, we hate no haggle dealerships LOL. Original offer was $500 for the car 3K off the truck, and $2,100 cash. Our eyes lit up, and we were off to the races!

Ended up with 6K off the truck - "we know your holding back rebates". $1500 car, and 1K cash. The two of spent about 20 minutes making this newbie salesman blurry eyed with fast scratch and go multiple figures. The guy goes straight to Fi Guy and says Look - their in the biz just give them the numbers! LOL (Hubby is in automotive consumer electronics - he knows his way around a dealership). And boom it was done!

The best part was going in there knowing what rate you were at, and not feeling like a dirtbag begging to get into anything with 4 tires and a steering wheel.

19. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

And finally, it hasn't been mentioned lately, but we have a lot of newcomers, if you apply for credit please drop by millcbs.com and enter the name of the company and the bureau they pulled. It will help everyone!

20. psp in nm

I'm so happy for you guys, jlynn!! But I am so sorry you won't be noticed in you LITTLE red truck!! LOL! Keep up the good work, it gives the rest of us something to shoot for!!