Equifax-Citi reporting !?@#$%^&*

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Platinum, Sep 5, 2003.

1. Platinum

Platinum Well-Known Member

Well, today my wife purchased regular Equifax credit report online for $9.00 and realized that her Citi Platinum Select with $10.000 limit reports as SECURED CREDIT CARD. She called dispute department and they told her that in their database it reports just as regular or unsecured. They gave us phone number for their online services to call and correct it: 1-800-701-0336.
    Well, online or web support department says that Citibank is reporting the account as SECURED. My wife said it was NEVER secured and that their dispute department also shows as unsecured. She gave my wife run-around and told her to contact Citi.

What a bunch of IDIOTS !!!!!!!!!!!!

I believe this has changed with their fu***n new lay out. Some stupid minimum wage idiot hit the wrong button when transfering the data. But the thing is they won't correct it.

I don't know if that will have an impact on her score since we purchased report only without score ???

I will urge everyone who has Citi Platinum Select to check Equifax Online report and see if it reports as SECURED or UNSECURED then call their web support department and tell them what a bunch of idiots they are !!!

2. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Bump.

3. Superman93

Superman93 Well-Known Member

MY Girlfriends card reports the same way.....Not an isolated case.

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I don't see SECURED on my EQUIFAX for CITIBANK...

5. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Yep, it happened to me too. I emailed Citi and they said they want me to send a copy of my report, so they can see it. I think there are issues with the new EFX layout and reporting.

I got an EFX CW alert when it happened, showing the change from unsecured to secured. Perhaps if they get enough complaints they will fix it. It's not a display problem.

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

WHAT IS THE "EXACT" LOCATION OF THE WORD---SECURED???

7. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

In a box on the right hand side of the page.

8. Jaboom97

Jaboom97 Well-Known Member

I checked and my Citi Platinum Select MC is reporting secured on both Equifax and Transunion redit reports. What should we do about this? Has anyone called Citi to see if they have an alert out, as this appears this affecting many people.

Jeremy