CHECKED EXPERIAN AGAIN

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by molly, Apr 24, 2001.

1. molly

molly Well-Known Member

This time the final item was verified. Well, they changed the date the account was opened but that was it. It didn't help me one bit. I didn't agree with the dates that are listed so I sent them what I THOUGHT it should be. It kinda worked.

Date opened: 10/1994
    Reported Since 1/1997
    Date of Status 7/1998
    This account will still remain until 2004. Any ideals on how I should deal with this? It is REALLY being reported inaccurately (lol). Its a student loan/collection account/paid.

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

MOlly,
    when did the loan default?

roni

3. molly

molly Well-Known Member

The original loan was given 7/1992 from citibank and was sold to several people. Unipac was one of them. I have no ideal of the dates. I was actually just seeing what I could get away with. I know the date they are going by is when it was sold not when it was originally delinquit like it should be. Its listed on all three reports - the same (except the one I just got changed). I actually think this is funny.

I asked Unipac for all information regarding my loan because I believe its not being reported accurately and they replied "when your loan defaulted it was sold to....". They didn't give me dates or anything. I sent this letter in and said it must be removed due to the fact that they can't verify what their reporting. This one company (unipac) makes up 3 of my remaining negative marks. Any suggestions?

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Molly,
    You know as well as I do the following points:

student loans can only be reported for 7 years from the default date, unless they are unpaid. In that case they can be reported forever.

Stop playing games with these people and make them update the dates properly. You are not wrong.

If they defaulted in 1992, they should be history.

The guarantor cant report it for another 7 years girl.
    roni

5. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member

Here Here Roni! Molly, Roni is correct. My student loans defaulted. I went through rehabilitation and had every negative mark removed. I realize you didn't go through rehabilitation you paid it off. Someone somewhere has to have the information. I would start with your orginal lender.

OR you can start with the collection company that you paid the debt. Send them a validation letter (?) You may find out who purchased the debt. Make sure you create an audit trail.

My student loans had so many notations that it wasn't funny. I had 25 tradelines of student loans listed on Experian. Believe it or not my student loans only totaled about 13K. I waited until I rehabilitated my loans and disputed all the tradelines on all the loans. Every CRA amended my credit reports. Every trade line had notationis late 5 times 90 days past due. Believe me it was a nightmare.

I have 6 loans because I transferred schools. To make a long story short the default was only 2 loans that totaled 5K. I rehabed the loans and disputed the rest. Every single late notation on every loan was removed. Default status was removed ect.

I digress <laughing> the bottom line is Roni is correct. Fight it!

6. molly

molly Well-Known Member

I did rehabilitate but as I was told by ca student aid it only applies to the loan rehabilitated not other ones before rehabilitation. For example: original creditor=citibank, sold to xxxx, then to yyyyy, rehabilitated with zzzz. Now all negative remarks related to zzzz will and have been removed but as far as the rest I am out of luck. I will call Citibank tonorrow. Thanks guys

7. roni

roni Well-Known Member

that is bull. damn molly. i wish I could stay to help you but I am tired of this board and lizardking. i hope you figure it out. that is not true at all.

roni

8. marci

marci Well-Known Member

You got lied to, Molly...

Molly,

That isn't true! The Ombudsman office is clear that the rehabilitation section of the Higher Education Act refers to all tradeline entries of the same loan - regardless of whomever rehabilitated the loan.

I have posted several times about this deletion of tradelines "previous" to the rehabilitation.

Do a search on this site for "jamie" "marci" and "allied interstate". (posted in December or January, I think). In that conversation I posted the name and e-mail address of the DOE officer who told me that they all should be deleted. I posted her e-mails verbatim.

My deletions finally happened after I called the Ombudsman office and got an officer to help me. He already knew of my e-mails with the main officer and within 3 days got the original lender to agree to delete the info.

In the meantime I had disputed with the credit bureaus - reading to them over the phone the rehabilitation section of the HEA. The lender - USA Group - chose not to verify even though I know they had the information.

It pays to attack from all angles at the same time and be persistent. I believe a lot of people at companies do things just to get you off their backs. They're simply tired of all your phone calls.

Marci