Newsflash-holdup On Eloan!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by VJ, Apr 27, 2001.

1. VJ

VJ Well-Known Member

Every one might want to wait on this and here's why.
    I got my score 40 minutes ago with the understanding this was a consumer request(soft inquiry).Just pulled experian and there it was ,big as day, a new HARD inquiry from mortgage company
    pulled today.Eloan, is clueless on this. I have the Pres. of credit info.net explaining to eloan they can't advertise it as a soft inquiry when it a hard pull.More to follow.
    Please understand I value the inroads eloan has tried to make and we owe them greatly,but this is a major BOFU.

More to follow

VJ

2. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

GRRRRRR. Why didn't I wait 5 mins

I'm disputing this one!

Kelly

3. BlueVegas

BlueVegas Active Member

WTF???

Call the FTC!!!! ;-)

Ohh well...Live and learn

4. VJ

VJ Well-Known Member

I got some very interesting info.This is not a FICO score but a program by creditinfo.net that emulates
    fico. It also tends to be 10-25 points more generous than fico on average...

5. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Yup I just check my Experian, it was a "HARD" inquiry from MIDWEST mortgage, grrrrrrrrrrr. Now I am very mad:(

6. VJ

VJ Well-Known Member

I recommend everyone who used e-loan go to the E-loan web page and PRINT a few pages that say the score will be a consumer request for credit and therefore should not count against your score.

7. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Re: Newsflash-holdup On Eloan!!!VJ

I just spoke with Eloan and they claim it will not appear "hard" and that they are not associated with MIDWEST mortgage, what the heck is going on????????

8. VJ

VJ Well-Known Member

Re:Holdup On E-Loan!!

Ann ,as I said ;
    1) E-loan is clueless right now.They don't understand, yet.
    2) Go to the web page now and make/print copies of where it says they will be consumer inquiries.
    3) Nothing is going to happen untill next week now, but I will say I believe it will be resolved quickly next week.
    4) Please, before we tee off on e-loan lets give them a chance to fix this.Without E-loan putting their existence on the line to give out fico scores last year,we would not have California passing regulations that inspired the availability of the scores
    we have now.It 's going through channels right now.

AND ..........YES, Ann, Midwest Mortgage appears on my report today as a hard pulland it is as a direct result of E-Loan
    I hope this helps

VJ

9. Saar

Saar Banned

Re: Re:Holdup On E-Loan!!

There it is, a shining new HARD inquiry:

MIDWEST MORTGAGE
    Address:
    5117 JERSEY RIDGE RD
    DAVENPORT IA 52807
    Date of Request:
    04/27/2001
    Comments:
    Real estate loan . This inquiry is scheduled to continue on record until 5-2003.

I'm actually happy: another free online Experian report. No one ever pulls them here anyway (except Amex, which I already have)

Saar

10. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

GLAD 2 C U

Hey Mom :)

The board format is different, but, being somewhat literate about web hosting, internets, components, etc. - the security aspect is worth it.

Now maybe we can exchange information again with all of us helping each other!!!!

C ya - I'm back on too - Dogman

11. heather

heather Well-Known Member

I wish I had stayed away also, my score is showing as 543, my beacon was 584 two weeks ago, and my husband's is showing as 567. Could it get any worse? These are terrible, terrible scores, methinks I won't be buying a house anytime soon.

12. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

DO YOU REALLY THINK A MORTGAGE IS BASED ONLY ON SCORES???

13. Saar

Saar Banned

Go to: <http://www.e-loan.com/s/show/privacy>

There are banners of 3 privacy authorities backing them up. Click the banners to link to the privacy authorities and file an online complaint for a breach of privacy (Giving their customers information to MIDWEST MORTGAGE w/o authorization and against their privacy policy).

This should get their attention.

Saar

14. VJ

VJ Well-Known Member

Midwest Mortgage is owned by some of the same people who are involved with infocredit.net.

And , Ann...... WELCOME BACK

VJ

15. Saar

Saar Banned

But if they touch my TransUnion, their CEO should consider hiring a bodyguard.

Saar

16. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Thanks VJ and thanks Saar for the site info I have emailed them 3 times already and spoken to them on the phone, I will not let up until they fix this. I am applying for a mortgage on Monday and an inquiry is the last thing I need on my report!!

Mom

17. VJ

VJ Well-Known Member

Saar,please wait, I don't think you understand how it happened.
    INfocredit.net should have been the one pulling the inquiries and running the scores but somehow they are being run accessed through another co-company that they own,Midwest mortgage and then infocreditnet is running their emulation of fico to give to E-Loan. Midwest isn't even seeing the reports.

I'm asking everone to be gentle with this. It will be corrected next week.

18. Saar

Saar Banned

Sorry, but I don't give a rat's a-s-s who does their scores. I have their commitment for privacy, shown in their own privacy policy, and backed by three independent privacy authorities. They abused their own policy, and the privacy authorities ought to know about it.

Saar

19. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

So are they going to correct this and change it to a soft one only seen by us?? And if so when?? Sorry I am applying for mortgage and this was the last thing I needed:(

Mom

20. Pat

Pat Well-Known Member

They got me to! Hard inquiry from Midwest...
    I've emailed them, I'll wait for a favorable response before I complain to everyone/thing that will listen.
    Pat