Equifax dispute online

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by dinob12, Jun 22, 2001.

1. dinob12

dinob12 Well-Known Member

Has anyone else used the equifax website to send a dispute..Just fired off 6 disputes and I was wondering if anyone else had any success ? And will this in anyway hurt my chances of getting these removed through Junum ?

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

yeah keep disputing. I did this 5 times, once per month, and every time, more stuff would come off! Rock on.

btw, all 3 bureaus take online disputes now! Rock on!

3. dinob12

Thanks for the info

4. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

It works well for me, too, though I never disputed when junum was disputing because I didn't want to conflict reasons!

5. dinob12

hey guess what the online disputes do work..I just pulled my credit report and 4 of My NCO accounts that stated they were unpaid are now paid ...YIPEE..2 came back VAI unpaid..But I am kind of scared to dispute the other 2 Items because NCO also handles them...If I dispute them will they remove the PAID collections to Unpaid all over again ??. And about the Paid collections should I dispute that I paid them before they went to collections or just leave them alone... The sad thing is that with all 8 of the accounts with NCO i do not know if I paid them or not..Apparently they went to the credit beureau 4 years ago when I was 19...

6. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

Did you dispute the collections as being paid? You probably should have disputed them as not yours. As far as a credit score goes, a collection is a collection whether it is paid or not. So, showing paid collections is really not going to help you. I would redispute them as not mine.