Post Nextcard issues!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by imad2000, Jan 27, 2003.

1. imad2000

imad2000 Member

Hi,

I had a next card account that was sold to some company. I had a balance of $4900 on the card. The new company called and offered me to settle the account - it was never late by the way- I paid $4000 and their manager said the balance will go down to zero and I should not make any more paymants. About a month later I received a bill showing $900+ balance, and it said that I was 30 days past due, I called again and they said they are processing the paperwork. Yesterday I was checking my score on CE and it dropped 80 points within a week!!! They reported 30 days past due. I called today and they said that they will send me a letter that I can send to the credit beureau to prove the account was paid. Another thing, after they bought the account from Nextcard, they issued a new account number and now it is showing on my credit reports as two seperate accounts. My questions are:

- Based on the information above, can I sue them for feeding wrong information into my credit report.

- What should I do going forward, should I make a payment to them to avoid 60 days late status or not, although I tried to make a payment last week and they said my account is paid off so I should not make any more payments.

- Today, they told me that the account balance on their computers will never be zero. It will always show $900+ but noted as paid off or settled.

Thanks all.

P.S. My credit score before this was 700+ I have never been late in the past 3 years. I never have bancruptcy or collection before.

2. Nestea

Nestea Well-Known Member

bump

3. imad2000

imad2000 Member

Any ideas?

4. Mecro

Mecro Well-Known Member

Sorry but you got screwed

You should have gotten it in writing. You have no way to prove anything, except that you paid $4000 on a $4900 account.

5. mcs7

mcs7 Member

I too had a nextcard account with a 2400 balance. shows as transfered on tu and ex. and with nextcard in phoenix az on eq. My question is just who in the hell owns my account?