CRA demand for payment or purge

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Marie, Jan 10, 2002.

1. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

2. betacredit

betacredit Well-Known Member

Okay, I printed it out. I don't understand what I'm supposed to do with it. Send it to the CRAs and then what? It talks deleting your whole file not just the derog., right?

Please clarify, Thanks.

3. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

well, I'm not advocating doing anything with it. I just find it interesting that you could try to make them purge your file in full or pay you.

It does kindof make sense. I never gave them permission to collect and sell my information, I only gave my creditors permission to share it. I've never signed anything with the big 4 CRAs...

I doubt they'd do it. and in all reality, you'd have difficulty going without a file at all... although if you had only one bad file on one cra... no file might be better

it's just a thought.

I was searching insurance demand letters for my lawsuit and I ran across this. Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on it :)

4. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Let's see $500 a month x 4 bureaus = $2000 monthly income x 12 months in a year = $24,000. I could cut back to part time. :) I think we should all send one in. I wonder what they would do.

Dani

5. betacredit

betacredit Well-Known Member

Marie,

If you find anything on insurance settlement demand letter please email me. It is turned on, yours is off.

I think I would rather have a file than no file at all. I was at a friend's house last weekend. They built it 1 year ago. The wife did not have any credit history at all. They had to go through so much to get their mortgage. They had a hard time because they could not prove creditworthiness. The husband had bad credit, they wouldn't touch him. I remember writing many letters saying that I had borrowed them money and she had paid me back to prove some type of credit history. It took them about 8 months to 1 year to get approved for a mortgage.

6. Marie

Marie Well-Known Member

actually I didn't find much. I gave mine to my atty for help.

At least this part of the car accident is about to finish.

7. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

I wonder if you could you use this for collection agencies that are trying to collect on expired debts??? It sucks how they are able to pull your credit reports over and over. Humm...