I finally got approved!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by sldruck5, May 30, 2002.

1. sldruck5

sldruck5 Guest

I finally got approved for an unsecured card. just two months ago i was denied a secured card from assosiates bank. acouple weeks ago i applied for an unsecured card from household bank . well nothing had come in the mail yet so today i called them. they said it was approved and the card was sent yesterday. for a limit of $300. i know its not much but its a start. either they use their own scoring method or they something other than trans union. becuase my score with them is only 478. i dont know what my other scores are. it must have helped that i havent used a card for two years and i just paid off 4 cards. i just have two left to pay off.

i'm very excited all my hard work has paid off.

2. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

Congrats

My first card was a $300 Cap 1.

Now I have upwards of a 12K Citibank

you are well on your way

3. sam

sam Well-Known Member

great when you get it. call up and threaten to close it , they will give you $500 limit.

4. Rina

Rina Well-Known Member

Don't worry about the limit; you only need the opportunity to prove yourself, then move on to a better CC.

5. dogman

dogman Well-Known Member

Congrats SL - now you are on yur way. Yes they are a good credit reference and will increase - you're DOIN IT!

aarrff - dogman

6. charlieslex

charlieslex Well-Known Member

Rina is right. One step at a time. The big boys will come. Good job!!! Charlie

7. Hermit5

Hermit5 Well-Known Member

Great! Keep working and the score will increase.

Slow and steady wins the race.

8. Smit

Smit Well-Known Member

Great job, I am just starting again myself and it is wonderful. May both of us be smart with our fresh start! :)

9. sldruck5

sldruck5 Guest

this morning i found out that they checked my experian credit report to approve the card. when i checked my report this morning i found that just about everything on it was incorrect and i disputed the entire report. it had several accounts listed twice and my balances for every account hadnt been updated for about a year. i have paid off several accounts since then. do you think if i call them and tell them my report was incorrect they may up the credit limit or revoke the approval because it was based on incorrect info.