A good day in court today.

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by billbauer, Jul 15, 2010.

1. billbauer

billbauer Well-Known Member

Had a good day in court today. The hearing lasted about an hour and neither side really won anything. Not much was decided that hadn't already been decided by both parties. Both sides pretty much wanted the same things and so we both got what we wanted.

The nice part was that I got in some really telling blows. I showed how the Plaintiff had not given me any credit for payments made and how they were trying to get paid attorney fees from me when they had already been paid by the Plaintiff. Judge didn't seem to like either very well. He suggested that I file motion for summary judgment against the Plaintiff because they were trying to rape me on the total judgment and later suggested again that I file motion for summary judgment against the Plaintiff and motion for sanctions against the attorney all at the same time.

In that sense I won big time today. (LOL). The Plaintiff's attorney pretty much just stood there like a big dummy and had little to say although she was a big help in digging through the mass of paperwork and finding the documents we were looking for.

What was obviously worrying the devil out of her was the motion I have before the court to sanction the attorneys. As soon as the judge ruled on the motions she ran over to the Judge's secretary and wanted to know when the hearing on the motion for sanctions would be heard. They set the hearing on that motion on August 26th.

Based on what the judge suggested I do I think I'll just have the motion for summary judgment ready to go and set for hearing that same day. Next I'll probably file my first federal case against them and have it all ready to go about that same time.

Gotta keep the home fires burning, dontcha know. (LOL)