usps.gov onine registered mail

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by MT, Aug 2, 2001.

1. MT

MT Well-Known Member

USPS Online registered/certified mail

Some of you may be interested to know that you can create a letter online at the USPS site and have it shipped out, certified mail. Return receipt is an option as well. I'm glad -- no more trips to the post office for this service. I think the cost is similar to the postal retail price. Thought I'd share.

2. Kelly

Kelly Well-Known Member

Re: USPS Online registered/certified mail

I have done this, cost is higher than doing it yourself, but darn convenient :)

3. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

I've used it several times and then I had two letters that got lost in their system. Unfortunately I typed it in right there rather than using a word processor and then cutting and pasting so I had no 'backup' of my text. Didn't figure out until I realized they hadn't sent me notice that the letters never made it even into processing. Just disappeared into thin air. I think the concept is great but with anything real important I'm going to take a trip to the post office for now. Maybe in 6mo's or so I'll give it a try again to monitor whether they've got the kinks ironed out yet.

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I file...print all important documents...even if they are "SAVED"...

5. IncomeHelp

IncomeHelp Well-Known Member

I've used it three times now. Got back all three cards. Very nice if you just want a simple text letter to go out. I'm going to stick to my regular method for disputes from now on though.

John