Denied Wfnnb-Express Clothing Card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by molly, Aug 15, 2001.

1. molly

molly Well-Known Member

Well, I applied last week online only because they do instant approvals. I knew they pulled Experian so I thought I had a chance. The computer clitched and I did't think it went through so I applied again. It clitched again so I had no choice but to wait for an answer through the mail. I received one denial letter and two you already applied in the last thirty days letters yesterday. I am suprised about this denial, I thought they were pretty easy to get. I have two Citi cards and BofA Gold. My Trans Union score is 687, Equifax is 650 and I am unsure of Experian but it only has two negatives and Equifax has three. On Experian, one negative is going to fall off in January and the other is 3 years old! They didn't give the reasons why I was denied but I can call or write to find out within the next 30 days. This leads me to believe that after thirty days your info is gone, therefore, if I dispute the inquiry online there is a good chance it will be deleted. I will wait thirty days and then dispute the inquiry. I only wanted this card so I could receive deals and coupons in the mail. Every year at this time they send out $15 gift certificates. On a lighter note, I got approved for Macys this week ($200).

Update: Here's a similar (and better) option, this one from Williams-Sonoma. This card has a low APR for a retail-branded credit card, which are notoriously-high and really don't take your credit history into account like this one from Barclays: http://www.creditnet.com/credit-cards/barclaycard-credit-cards/williams-sonoma-card

2. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about your denial Molly. Be glad you got Macy's. Don't worry....they'll be good to you.

The other day I was talking to my girlfriend and I told her that if I ever died, to make sure I was burried with (among other things) my Macy's card!

:)~

3. Laray

Laray Well-Known Member

Express is owned by the same company as lerners and lane and vicky secrets....and i have all three, i got VS 4 years ago and the other two within the last 90 days. Last time i obtained my credit score on experian, it said i had a 597. So it makes no sense to me that they denied you.

4. $wealth$

$wealth$ Well-Known Member

It has always been my experience that the accounts issue by WFNNB have a better approval rate when you apply in the store for instant credit. I don't know why that is, but I have Express, Lerners, and Victoria's Secrete.

Express & Lerners I had since the early 90's, but VS I applied for in the store, and received an approval. This was last year, and my credit then was nowhere near what it is today. My score last year had to be in the low to mid 500's.

5. molly

molly Well-Known Member

I am now thinking it was because of the computer. It thought I applied three times in one day. I may calland ask for the reasons.