Direct Merchants Bank???

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by SJ, Jul 20, 2000.

1. SJ

SJ Guest

Does anyone have any expirience with these people? Do they give increases at all? I've been with the for about a year, and have never been offered an increase. I pay at least 4 times the amount due monthly, but I don't seem to get the increases, what give??
    Thanks for responding.

2. Renae

Renae Guest

My understanding is that you will get an increase as long as you've handled your account responsibly--but not before your 1 year anniversary. You must get through the probation period. When does your card expire? I would imagine you would get a new one at that time with an increase. But if you've had any returned checks, have been over the limit or late payments, it could hurt your chances!

3. Stormie

Stormie Guest

I have had no problems with this bank. They have always gave increases regularly, but perhaps it depends on the type of account you have with them ? Regardless if you feel you should have gotten an increase, contact them, request an increase and see what they say. If they say no for some reason find out why. Hope this helps.

4. SJ

SJ Guest

Thanks for the answers. I haven't had any returned checks, or late pays, so maybe I simply need to bide my time. Thanks again!

5. Consumer

Consumer Guest

I have a titanium card from them for 1 year now. I received the card with a $5000 limit. The first increase was after 9 months and they raised me to $5800. I only had one check on hold for about 7 days. It was a check for $4000. After that one check, my checks are never put on hold. I do send them a check from my bill pay service. Also, I did have to ask for the credit line increase, otherwise I don't think they would have initiated the increase. Also at the time I asked for a credit line increase, I asked them to upgrade my card to a platinum. They did that too...but it took them 2 months. Good luck to you.

SJ wrote:
    -------------------------------
    Does anyone have any expirience with these people? Do they give increases at all? I've been with the for about a year, and have never been offered an increase. I pay at least 4 times the amount due monthly, but I don't seem to get the increases, what give??
    Thanks for responding.

6. Renae

Renae Guest

I should clafify that I have a secured account with them. It soundsd as if you have a regular one. So I think that makes all of the difference.