Is Sears and Zales hard to get?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by QUEEN_BEE, Dec 26, 2001.

1. QUEEN_BEE

QUEEN_BEE Well-Known Member

I applied for a Sears card and a Zales card online. Neither gave online approvals and will be mailing a response. Sure hope that I get them...

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

My SEARS card was in 1978...
    Part of my start...

JC PENNEYS, MERVYNS, SHELL OIL, STANDARD OIL & SEARS.
    EASY OR HARD? GOT THEM ALL, FIRST TIME APPLIED (ONLY BY MAIL...ON-LINE DIDN'T EXIST).

3. Brenda

Brenda Well-Known Member

Try the searsmastercard next they gave my mom one and she has no job they didn't ask.

4. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

Sears has had the reputation of being one of the harder cards to get. I understand customer service is not the best. Knock on wood, I have not had any problems with my account. If you were to get denied, I would try to get re-consideration. I have had two Sears accounts. Back in the eighties, I had a heck of a time getting this card. Took me several tries over the course of a couple of years. I ended up closing the account in 1988. My current account I have had since 1999. My score at the time was in the mid 600's with no derogs, but had several cards close to their limits.

Don't know about Zales.

5. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Love,

I applied for both Sears Card and Sears Gold Mastercard at the different times and they were both approved. I don't know whether it is hard or not. I got approved at the first time and the APR is a kind of high. I used the Sears Card for the 0% no interest or Sears days special. I haven't applied for Zales and I don't know how hard it is .

Ron.

6. Herman

Herman Well-Known Member

Love,

I got on-line approval.. ( Sears Card ) with credit limits-$630 on 06/00..
    So far had 1 increase...$400, they pulled TU.

Herman

7. mindcrime2

mindcrime2 Well-Known Member

I got approved for Zales credit approx 3 years ago, back when my scores were similar to yours Love (mid-600's) I was approved for a $2k limit. You shouldn't have a problem getting credit.

8. kustomkat

kustomkat Well-Known Member

I got denied for sears twice in the last six months..
    the first time i applied they pulled TU and i was denied for too many inquiries..
    i got all of the inquiries removed reapplied and they pulled equifux.. denied too many inquiries..
    I cant win.. LOL

Kev

9. tlcampbe

tlcampbe Well-Known Member

For some reason Sears was not hard for me to get. I first had this card when I was 17 and through mismanagement and lack of income it went to a charge off status in June of 1993. The account was never paid.

Well it fell off my report in June of 2000 and in June of 2001, I got an invitation from Sears to apply for the card. It wasn't a preapproval but it seemed pretty darn close because if I remember right it had a certain dollar amount that I qualified for. I was a little scared to apply since I had never paid the previous balance but I said what the heck and I mailed it in.

Well a few weeks later, I got the card with a $537 credit limit. They pulled Transunion and my score then was probably around 610.