Disputing Bankruptcy

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by ljones4521, Dec 30, 2001.

1. ljones4521

ljones4521 Well-Known Member

Hi Guys:

I need guidance. BTW I am new to this board. This board is great! Has ignited a fire under my butt. I am currently using Lexington Law Firm for credit repair, but that seems to be moving pretty slowly. They have yet to dispute the Bankruptcy I asked them to concentrate on. I am considering tackling this entry on my own, as I think once the BK and tax lien are removed my scores should go up more. Scores are TU - 633; Exp - 604 and Equi - 514.

Background: The Bankruptcy on my credit report was filed by anotheer person. Is not my signature and not my social security number.

Question & Strategy:Should I dispute this entry directly with Hogan (the provider of the information) or should I disupte directly with the CRA's? I concerned if I dispute with the CRA's they will forward the additional SSN showing on my credit report to Hogan and they will verify the entry as correct.

What's the best approach to disputing a bankruptcy?

Thanks in advance for taking time to address this question.

2. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Go down to the Federal Courthouse and get a copy of the bk filing (it will have name, address, SSN etc of the person filing. Then send them a copy of that with a copies of the best ID's you can come up with - SS card, DL, etc. and tell them get it off it isn't yours.

3. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

wonder if it is on the others report too?