CA report as "pays as agreed"?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Killer, Jan 9, 2002.

1. Killer

Killer Well-Known Member

Ok here I go again about paid collection. That's because I've got 'em. Good ole me. Tell me I owe you money and I start giving. Well before I knew anything about repair I either paid or starting paying without any proof. Anyway I have an idea and need some advice, especially if you have been down this road.

I am about to finish paying a collection after paying monthly for several years. On my CR the collection (original creditor is not reporting) is 120 days past due and an I5. I would like the CA to change to "pays as agreed" with an I0 (I think that the lower the number the better with 0 being best).

Has anyone manage to get a CA to do this? How did you go about it? What do I say when I call and beg and cry.

2. CredtQuest

CredtQuest Well-Known Member

What I can tell, having any collection is a bad thing. They need to remove it.

3. Killer

Killer Well-Known Member

Hmmm...I see. So having it reported in a positive manner doesn't enhance my score. Just the fact that it's a collection takes away any positive aspect. Any other opinions?

4. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

That is correct Killer.. whether your Collection Agency is on there as PAID, PAYS AS AGREED or NOT PAID makes very little difference if any.. when creditors pull your credit, there are search engines that search for words like 'collection' and the amounts.. if u have that, then it's just bad.

Since you are paying for this now, you have already 'acknowledged' the debt. Because of this, if there isn't that much left, perhaps negotiate a one time payment additional and a complete removal of the listing. Tell the CA that you and they both know any form of a CA on the credit report is negative. Also state you are not trying to get out of paying, but just insuring that by you paying the amount that it will also be beneficial to you as well, as opposed to detrimental. Good luck

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

0 (ZERO) IS NOT RATED...1 (ONE) IS BEST...

6. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Right On.

7. LAT

LAT Well-Known Member

I read on another website about collection accounts. You don't want any collection agency accts. No matter how they report. Anything else is great if you get them to put "paid as agreed".

8. Killer

Killer Well-Known Member

This board is wonderful!