In a major bind...

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Kiyi, May 1, 2002.

1. Kiyi

Kiyi Well-Known Member

I sent a debt of validation to a collection agency regarding an account with a landlord. Let me backtrack some...... I left the lot owing 750 dollars, minus $300 Security Deposit, leaving a total of $450 owed. During my stay there, I had two checks bounce each were $250, I imediately paid him $250 in cash each for them. Stupid me, He kept the checks and I didn't get them stopped. I left the premises on Sept, 9, 2000. owing $450.00.

On March 27, 2001 I started recieving bounce fees from my bank, I went there and saw these checks were cashed. I was pissed cause the bank manager authorized these through knowing full well they were going to bounce. I closed account. I am now broke and out of business cause of this.

January 4, 2002, Hoping to make a better life for my family cause I suck, I started picking up the pieces to my life and obtained my credit reports, Lo and behold, this pos says I owe $750 STILL!!

April 17, 2002, I sent the letter of debt validation via certified with RR, in return I get a notarized paper from the pos landlord stating that I owe $750, and the collection agency stating he is intending to sue if I don't bring them $750 dollars.

What next? I don't owe this guy squat. He actually owes me $50.

2. Kiyi

Kiyi Well-Known Member

anyone have an idea?

3. backspace

backspace Well-Known Member

You said 750 -300 security =450... Your old Bank allowed the checks to go thru did they pay them?? If your Bank Paid the two checks 250 and 250 then yep you just need to have the bank pull the checks to show them paid to the lanlord, and bring up the fact you subtracted the security deposit out and for hm to pay you $50.00. He probably won't pay you, but The Debt is paid if your Bank Paid the Checks....

4. Kiyi

Kiyi Well-Known Member

yeah thats what I thought but when I ask for validation I get a intend to sue letter from the jerk.