Chase Toys R Us Card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by azur24, Jul 30, 2002.

1. azur24

azur24 Well-Known Member

Yeah to me!

I was just approved for a Chase Toys R Us Visa. I really don't know all the specifics, I just know it will be here in 7 - 10 working days. Finally, a card so that I can sock drawer my Providian until it reaches 3 years old and DIES.

By the way, I am a semi-newbie who never formally introduced myself.

2. kbanger

kbanger Well-Known Member

What did they pull and what was your score

3. KCPaul

KCPaul Well-Known Member

Congrats on card, bur t let us know which reports they pulled and your scores!

4. Brenda

Brenda Well-Known Member

Chase always pull Transunion for me in NJ,they give good rates for a few months then chase jumps up ,and give you lower months again,most cards do that.

5. azur24

azur24 Well-Known Member

As long as they don't jack the rate up to a wonderful 29.99% or above like Providian, they are okay with me!

My scores are as follows:

TU fake: 649
    TU Fico: 669
    EQ Fico: 639
    EX: 603 :(

I believe they pulled TU, but the inquiry hasn't shown on my report yet.

The only thing I know for certain is that the CL is $1500. When the card arrives I am going to call and find out if they will increase the limit if I transfer additional balances.

6. miles

miles Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!

I have an account with Chase. They have been good to me. Customer service has been good and they have NEVER jacked my rate. I have had them for about 1.5 years. They upped my credit limit by $1,500 without me asking. Chase also gives great balance transfer rates. I think you will be happy with them. :)

7. sirrowan

sirrowan Well-Known Member

Did you receive a preapproval or did you apply for this card? I would love to have a Chase Toys R Us Card because I have 2 little girls and I am assuming that you get some kind of incentive to use this card?

Please advise.

Sirrowan

8. azur24

azur24 Well-Known Member

I did not receive a preapproval. I was shopping around for a card. Go to www.chase.com, they have a card advisor program that if you put in your criteria that you want from your card, and they will match you with one of the cards. Yes, the Toys R Us card has a 4% rebate if you shop at the store, Babies R Us and Imaginarium. 1% rebate if you just use the card, and it supposedly comes in the form of rebate checks that can be used at the three stores listed above. Which is GREAT for me. I applied for the Gold card, but was approved for the Standard Visa. (I found that out this morning.) The Terms and Conditions are listed on the website.