3 Months in Our New House and...

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by tsaul, Oct 17, 2002.

1. tsaul

tsaul Well-Known Member

The credit offers keep rolling on in. From First Premier Bank. The mortgage is showing on my credit bureaus finally and I still can't get no love from any creditors, except for Cap 1.

It is really crazy. My home mortgage is in only my name, not my wife's and she gets better credit offers than I do. I love her to death, but she doesn't know the meaning of " pay a bill on time".

Her last three credit cards show this result:
    Providian Visa $2000 limit charge off
    Cap 1 M/C $500 limit charge off
    2 First Premier Gold Cards both $250 limits one close to charge off the other I make all the payments on

She has gotten a Citi Platinum offer and a Bank One Platinum offer this week alone.

Where's the love?

2. dep_tx

dep_tx Well-Known Member

I have heard that it can take 6 mo for your scores to recover enough to get more offers. I could be wrong.

3. SCMomof5

SCMomof5 Well-Known Member

my hubby is like your wife, he has 9 derrogatories 0 positives! He gets platinum offers in the mail and I don't. ??? Thats ok. When he responded to the Cap 1 platinum offer, the sent back a partial rejection. They said he couldn't have plat, but he could get a Cap 1 secured: $99 deposit would = $200 limit.

Don't pay any attention to those hokey offers. Most wouldn't approve her anyway!

4. tsaul

tsaul Well-Known Member

probably right, but it would be nice if I could get something from someone other than First Premier Bank.

I called them up and demanded that they remove me from their list. I have received two offers from them. These people are the ultimate in bad customer service. Do you know that they even call for my wife on Sundays when she doesn't pay her bill!

5. tnobles

tnobles Well-Known Member

I am in the same boat, I have a mortgage in my name, and 2 car notes in my name, Efx. and TU are spotless, Exp. 1 pd. chargeoff. My scores are in the high 600's I can't get anyone to approve me for a card for the life of my, all decline me saying no revolving acct. history, my hubby on the other hand his credit is just crappy, and he still can get a card. I applied for both of us for Premiere, he got it and I did not. It really pisses me off to be honest with you.

6. BlueEyes

BlueEyes Well-Known Member

Ok, This (among other reasons) is EXACTLY why I don't feel like I'm doing anything wrong to have information changed to improve my credit history. Just getting the stuff that really is reported wrong may be more than I'll ever accomplish!! If I can make a few extra points and pull a few strings along the way to help make up for the $ they've cost me, why not?? If I did my job like the CRA's, I wouldn't HAVE A JOB! I disputed some things on both mine and hubby's with a week or so of each other and his report came back with my middle name as his middle name. Now we call him Richard Diane.....hehehe. I mean really, give me a break! I think I have more errors since they started trying to make corrections to mine.

I AM NOT a deadbeat. The only 2 charge offs I've (actually hubby) ever had were PAID charge offs and they really drug his scores down. We have a history of quite a few late payments from several years back. I have a Sears and a Discover that really suck because when I did get behind during some very serious "life circumstances" that I won't get in to, the fees and overlimit charges took over and both cards are reporting over limit but at least I'm paying on time now. I think it's ludicrous that these CRA's have all the power and I think it's time people intervene on their own behalf! They're as bad as the government in that they're screwing us and we're paying the price for it. It's a crazy system and the numbers have very little basis from what I see. Good people who pay their bills and have had a few problems can never get out of the loop. Ok, enough ranting! Everyone have a good evening, LOL.