plan of attack, multiple ???'s....

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by beck20, Oct 22, 2002.

1. beck20

beck20 Well-Known Member

I have a couple of questions...

Has anyone had luck just by calling creditors to get late notations removed?? I'm planning to dispute with TU, EX and EQ, but I have so many late notations, I thought it might be worth it to try to call them directly, if anyone's had success...

What do you do if there are multiple things you want to dispute...for example, late payments, negative comments (cancelled by credit grantor, managed by credit counseling service, paid collection...) Would you say, never late, inaccurate comments? Or how would that be worded?

also, there is an auto lease (now closed) that was under me and my husband, it's showing on my TU report as an individual account, not joint... It had two 30 day lates, so I don't want to put it on his credit report until the lates are removed...

Are there certain companies that are easier to get derogatory info removed? or more difficult (and should be saved for CHOD??? The companies I have to get negatives removed are: Sears, MBNA, Capital 1, JCPenney, Best Buy, Kohls, Homeside Mortgage, 2 citibank, 2 daimler chrysler, ford credit, and a collection. All are currently paid, most are cancelled... any suggestions? Some are fairly recent, others are later (1999).

Suggestions anyone???

2. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

I'm in a similar situation with the late pay notations but have decided to save those until after the Paid Collections are gone. From what I have read, people have had pretty good success with Sears and Goodwill adjustments by either calling or writing. You may have to try a couple of different reps to get the desired results.

Ford Credit (and most auto finance companies) seems to be much tougher on removing lates. I don't have any experience with the rest, but in general, I suggest you use CHOD for the most severe/most recent lates and try goodwill on the older ones. Most creditors are more likely to grant a goodwill if you have good recent payment history.

Best of luck and please post any positive results and methods used when you're successful.

3. PAE

PAE Well-Known Member

I would save CHOD for the 4 or 5 most important/least likely to be removed any other way.

Goodwill for the ones that are only late once or twice.

and the nutcase series for the ones that are several times late, or are paid collections.

Best of luck!

4. beck20

beck20 Well-Known Member

Well, I think I'll call Sears to talk to someone about removing the lates, since I just brought my account to a zero balance, but the card is still active. I'm keeping my fingers crossed! I know it can be a slow process getting this stuff cleared off anyway, but I'll hope for quicker results!!!

Thanks!

5. beck20

beck20 Well-Known Member

Bummer, I called Sears, they said I need to request the lates removed through the credit reporting agent... so much for that!!!