Sears correcting tradelines?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by slykens, Jan 30, 2003.

1. slykens

slykens Active Member

I pulled my efx report today and found my score had jumped over 30 points in six days. I looked closer into what changed and it appears that Sears has corrected a tradeline without my disputing it.

Sears had continued reporting an account as past due after they sold the account leading to something like 36 90 day lates being reported on that account. With this update Sears removed most of them and dated the last late in May 1999, still inaccurate but much closer to the truth.

They still report it as CURRENTLY 120+ days past due even though the account was sold and has since been paid in full to the collector.

Has/Is anyone else experiencing this attempted correction of tradelines? (I say attempted as they are still inaccurate)

I still plan to file suit against them when I finally get my act together for at least four FCRA violations (Two PP violations as well as false current status on two reports) but I am caught between being bummed about not having 25+ more counts to file and being happy that I've picked up 30 points through more accurate information being reported.

2. MaddKredit

MaddKredit Well-Known Member

bump

3. smontoya5

smontoya5 Well-Known Member

I have noticed that they are doing something.

My husband has a Sears TL he disputed on 1/04 with EQ. It was showing on his report since that date as "consumer disputes- reinvestigation in progress"

Well, last night he got an alert that something has changed on his file. I zoomed over to the EQ site to see that on the 29th- Sears had reported it as:

"Consumer Disputes-Reinvestigation in progress. Closed Account"

Strange. He filed BK in 1999 and Sears was incl. Regardless, EQ better have their investigation finished in the original 30 days.