Authorized user shuffling...

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by e557373, Mar 13, 2003.

1. e557373

e557373 Well-Known Member

Hi all,

I've been reading about the authorized user thing & think I can use it to my and my wifes benefit. I'm planning on making the following changes, with the stated intentions and was hoping for a critique as to if it will work or not, and if there are any gotchas to watch for.

1. First USA card in my wifes name - numerous lates, maxed. I am an authorized user on this account.

> I'm planning on removing myself as an authorized user so that the high balance and lates won't go against my report. Once removed, will it show closed on my account, or will it disappear? Does the update happen all by itself, or do I have to dispute as 'not mine'?

2. FCNB / Eddie Bauer account with lates

> Same deal as #1.

3. Capital one card(s) in my name which are perfect and have no balances.

> Does Cap1 report AU to all 3 agencies? Could adding my wife as an AU cause them to raise the interest rate on the cards, or come into play if I want a credit line increase?

Thanks!

2. Rawhide

Rawhide Well-Known Member

I was an AU on three of my wifes cards. When I got my credit fixed, we removed me as an AU, but the problem was that the day I was removed as an AU, the card issuers just stopped updating the accounts, leaving my credit reports showing the balances. I disputed them as not mine (household, citi and chase) and they all were deleted.