Apparently I am a ghost

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by magi376, Mar 28, 2003.

1. magi376

magi376 New Member

My girlfreind is in finance and tells me I am a "ghost"
    I have no credit history at all. In college I never took advantage of any of the millions of credit card offers they send out to all students.

I am now in my 40s and have always paid in cash for whatever I wanted...car...computer...whatever. I own my own home and some property(that I am in the process of selling).

I have been to some of the places online to check my credit report and I ain't there...at all. Just for fun I filled out applications for credit cards before and have always been declined since I have no history.

This may seem odd to you guys but it kind of irks me I cannot get a credit card but my sister who has gone through bankruptcy has CC companies falling all over themselves to give her MORE CCs. I cannot even get a stupid GAS card.

I don't NEED a CC but I would like one so my question to you is how is the best way to establish a credit history? Keeping in mind I didn't make it this far without a credit card by wasting money...so the cheaper the better. Or should I just say phooey on the whole thing and keep going the way I have so far?

2. chipper

chipper Well-Known Member

I say keep going. Yer doing great without them!

3. Why Chat

Why Chat Well-Known Member

If you have a relationship with a bank, (assuming you don't keep your cash under your mattress) You can request a line of credit from them, secured by your deposit. Just sit down with the loan officer and make sure they report to the credit bureaus.

Unless you paid all cash for your home, you must have a mortgage, find out why IT is not being reported.