charged my card w/out authorization

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by mark, Apr 1, 2003.

1. mark

mark Well-Known Member

man i am angry.
    this stupid loan-shark furniture rental place charged my credit card (which is hooked to my checking account) $300.00 yesterday.

Apparently about 6 months ago I paid my brother's bill for him, like 20 dollars. he is behind on his bill bigtime nos so they decided to charge my card. This is after swearing up and down they would never try to charge it again (im a sucker).

Man that makes me mad, now I have to cancel my card and go through the process of disputing the charge.

damnit. I want to sue. There any laws against this crap?

I just got through disputing with the bank, now I have to wait for a dispute form and frigging 15 days until I can see if I get my money back in my account.

2. dixidriftr

dixidriftr Well-Known Member

hmmm lets see, deceptive business practices, theft, and fraud are the laws that immediatly pop in my head.

First I would go to the store and politely ask them to reverse the charges or else you will contact the police, attorney general, and the better business bureau, chamber of commerce, visa, and your attorney about their little problem of fraudulently converting your money.

If they should refuse to fix their screw up on the spot I would go over to my bank and ask them to place a stop payment on the charges (i dunno if the bank can/will do it, but worth a shot). While your there ask the bank to change your account numbers and issue you a new card.

Then go over to your courthouse and file a small claims complaint against the company for the cost of the stop payment fee or the amount of the money they took should the bank be unable to do a stop payment, court costs, and emotional distress.