Help with Sears/RMA

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by FlpnGino, Apr 10, 2003.

1. FlpnGino

FlpnGino Active Member

So, I had a Sears card, RMA bought the account. DOLA is 5/00. RMA has their DOLA at 1/01. I've sent three letters to Sears requesting validation for this account. I finally sent a PFB and got a response. I spoke to someone on the phone and they said all requests for validation needs to go through RMA. So, I sent RMA a CRRR/Fax requesting validation for the account. I attached the three letters I sent Sears, the PFB, and the response from Sears. I also asked for the reason that their balance and the sears balance is so different ($664/$400), and the reason for the 8 months difference in DOLA. I pointed out they had no reason for pulling 3 hard inquiries if they cannot provide adequate validation, blah blah blah. Anything else I should do at this point?

2. FlpnGino

FlpnGino Active Member

I like the way your body goes bump bump bump

3. shortt23

shortt23 Well-Known Member

I disputed RMA last month with Equifax and it was deleted. They re-aged my account too. I disputed the date of last activity. I send Sears validation and they ignored it too.

4. FlpnGino

FlpnGino Active Member

So your RMA TL was deleted, but Sears stayed on?

5. tcc1013

tcc1013 Member

I've recently dealt with the same thing. Both Sears and RMA re-aged the accounts. I had different dates on all my reports. I sent a validation request to RMA and they deleted.

Now I have the Sears listing, saying it was sold to another lender. I have disputed as re-aged with Experian. I even sent proof in the form of letters sent to us by Sears, but so far I haven't been able to get deletion. Sears is very difficult to work with. My next step may be a law suit.

6. FlpnGino

FlpnGino Active Member

Yeah, I've read several people write about how Sears is so difficult to deal with. I don't know what I'm going to do about my JCPenney and Sears TL's.

7. shortt23

shortt23 Well-Known Member

Yeah

8. hollypc

hollypc Active Member

They are doing the same to me. 6 inquires in 2 months, no response to validation.

If the CRAs don't delete I am sending them an ITS letter.

9. FlpnGino

FlpnGino Active Member

Yeah, that's my next plan of action as well.

10. sirrowan

sirrowan Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Help with Sears/RMA

6 inquiries in 2 months?! Sounds like they are "poisening" your credit file.

11. selfrepair

selfrepair Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Help with Sears/RMA

I had an unauth inq from Sears on my EQ report...I talked to EVERYONE at Sears that I could reach....they basically ignored me, over and over. "Sir, neither your name, your address, your ssn nor your phone is in our records...there just isn't any way we can take action, since you are not in our system" !!

What a Catch 23 (worse than a 22 !!)

I finally sent a kindly worded explanation/plea letter to Ms Anastasia D. Kelly, (Senior?) Counsel, Sears Roebuck at fax 847 286 7829. Never heard back from her, but the inq (not my oldest--it was just last fall) magically disappeared about two weeks later.

(BTW, her mail addr is Sears Roebuck & Co, 3333 Beverly Road E5-377A, Hoffman Estates, IL 60179)

Maybe that will help?

Good Luck/Mark

12. t_sims224

t_sims224 Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Help with Sears/RMA

glad to hear you got some results

13. TeeBee

TeeBee Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Help with Sears/RMA

I just got my TU in response to a dispute - noticed that Sears has continued to pull AR/soft inquiries - the account was charged off 9/97 & I settled w/ RMA 12/01. Can Sears still conduct account reviews? I know that technically it's not hurting my score, but just curious if that's allowed? Discover is doing same thing - I closed my account with them in 1996...

14. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Help with Sears/RMA

No its not allowed.

If your Discover account is paid off they aren't allowed to either. Read $$$$

15. TeeBee

TeeBee Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Help with Sears/RMA

Yep, Discover was paid & closed in 1996 - they did an AR in 11/02 and 2/03. Sears did their AR in 1/03. Looks like they've both got some explaining to do - and some $$ to hand out. Thanks jlynn!

16. zerodown

zerodown Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Help with Sears/RMA

I have the FTC opinion letters. Do you know of any case law on this????????

Thanks,