need help on letter to EX

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by santiam, Jul 20, 2003.

1. santiam

santiam Active Member

On July 10th I sent EX a letter from a CA who in this letter states to delete the TL from the 3 CRA's so far EQ and TU deleted but EX is giving me a hard time. On the 18th I called to verify if they received it and the rep. told me that they didn't accept it due to authentication. I am currently writting them a letter now this is what I have so far:

To Whom It May Concern:

On July 10th I sent Experian a letter from Allied Interstate Incorporated. In this letter Allied Interstate states that they have ceased collection activity for this account. In addition all efforts have been made to delete any information reported to the credit bureaus.

On July 18th I called Experian to see what was the status of this dispute and the representative told me that the letter from Allied Interstate was not accepted due to authentication. First of all how can there be a question of authentication? The letter is on the companies letter head, the managerâ??s name is on the letter and also Equifax and Trans Union deleted the tradeline from my report. What is the problem with Experian?

Can someone please revise and is there any caselaw or FTC or anything else (law) that I can apply to this letter?

Thank you,

2. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Can someone please revise and is there any case law or FTC or anything else (law) that I can apply to this letter?

Thank you,
    ================
    What applies here is they are breaking the law that says they can't refuse your documentation

THE END ** *** ** LB 59

3. ru4real

ru4real Member

Call Ms. Tia Cooks at Experian (972) 390-4105. Be very nice and explain that you are applying for a mortgage, etc. In my case she called The CA while I was on hold and immediately deleted the account. (This happened twice) If she asks how you got her number tell her you were mistakingly directed to her.

Good Luck.

4. SoParkDiva

SoParkDiva Well-Known Member

Phone number & name duly noted in case I ever need it in the future. Thanks! for the inside connection =)

5. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

From Sec. 611, FCRA

(4) Consideration of consumer information. In conducting any reinvestigation under paragraph (1) with respect to disputed information in the file of any consumer, the consumer reporting agency shall review and consider all relevant information submitted by the consumer in the period described in paragraph (1)(A) with respect to such disputed information.