# of Disputes per Communication???

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Coda33, Jul 22, 2003.

1. Coda33

Coda33 Well-Known Member

I have read the suggestion to keep the number of disputes per letter to 2 or 3. Problem is, I have 21 (yes, that is twenty one) entries from a CA I know nothing about, renging from $45-180. Looks like medical bills, but can't be sure. Being that I've never even heard of the OC, does it follow that disputing ALL these entries at once makes sense?

2. gretchen

gretchen Well-Known Member

Coda33,

Sounds like you do not have an Equifax CR. Did you order all three? Helped me fill in the missing gaps of who, what, where.

The most I have is 4 bills from one hospital. And 3 here and 3 there from the same OCs. So I have been wondering the same thing as you.

My guess,,,, if we are sueable and or if we need to pay for deletion via HIPPA we will need the money to cover the "21" bills or however many if we were to send them in all at once.

I am thinking of handling my medical accounts last. One, because many are in SOL and fairly new. Two, considered least important in the eyes of a creditor. Three, I have not the money to handle them HIPPA-wise. Four, I still have no clue as to whether I can or should sue my hospital for damages.

3. BrettS

BrettS Well-Known Member

I think the general rule of thumb is 2-3 disputes at a time, but I have done more than that without dire concequenses. In your case, if they're all from the same CA, then I would say definitely dispute them all at once. Before you do that, however, request validation from the CA.

HTH,
    Brett

4. gretchen

gretchen Well-Known Member

Oops, Thanks! :)