AMEX Gold Pay Over Time?? Anyone?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by gilmores, Nov 20, 2003.

1. gilmores

gilmores Well-Known Member

Hi all!

I have an AMEX Gold Reward and have noticed an option called "pay charges over time" when I login online to my account. I clicked it to find out more and it immediately said they couldn't honor my request.

Does anyone know anything about this and how it might work?

Thanks in advance for responses!

gilmores

2. Slee

Slee Well-Known Member

Its an amex program called "sign and travel". Usually, you need to be with amex for a certain length of time (1yr+) and have a perfect payment history. When they offer it to you, what happens is the charges that you make can be turned into a revolving account. The interest is kinda high at prime+9.99%, thus 13.99%. If you've been with amex for awhile, I'm sure you can inquire about it. Btw, the payments on the revolving portion is 2% of the balance/month. Hth.

3. gilmores

gilmores Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info on that. Makes sense.

gilmores34

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

YEARS AGO...when I had my AMEX GOLD CHARGE CARD...it had a separate account (sort of) "IF" I wanted to pay over time I actually was paying the sponsor bank (I think)...and made the minimum payment to AMEX

5. 8004me

8004me Well-Known Member

If you use the sign and travel it shows up as another trade on your Credit report.
    The rate sux so I dont use it.

6. miles

miles Well-Known Member

I have this feature on my account. I have never used it due to the rate. When I called Amex for an increase on my Blue account, the rep lowered my revolving minimum to $100. Usually you can't revolve any purchase under $200.

BTW, does anyone have a lower rate on the charge card revolving accounts? If so, did you call retention or customer service to have the rate lowered?

7. livefromny

livefromny Active Member

I have this and use it and it does not show up as a separate line on my account.

8. Max330I

Max330I Member

I've used it once and it did show up under a different account. It was even labeled revolving. Its kinda cool if you say, charge 10-20k and leave it on there for a week and then pay it off. On the credit reports, it will state that your limit was, say 10k, if you had a balance of 10k. When you pay it off, the limit will remain 10k and your balance owed will be 0. Another good way of decreasing your debt to credit ratio. Overall, it adds more credit available to your report.

9. exotic

exotic Well-Known Member

?