FNBO is verifying FCNB...I'm LIVID

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by dogwood, Jan 13, 2004.

1. dogwood

dogwood Member

I have a CO FCNB TL on all 3...both TU and Exp verified!

Now here's where it's gets interesting: Experian has the address as:

FIRST CONSUMERS NATL BK (Still listed this way on Experian)
    Address:
    9300 SW GEMINI DR
    BEAVERTON, OR 97078

They're out of business. Stupidly, I didn't 1-2 because I thought it would fall off like Spiegel and another FCNB.

Now when I pulled TU again I saw the address as:

FCNB MASTER TRUST/SERVIC
    C/O FNBO 1620 DODGE ST
    OMAHA , NE 68197

Can First National Bank of Omaha list as an OC? Is that legal?
    I think FNBO verified with Exp as FCNB although Exp has the old address as opposed to FNBO's.

How should I deal with this????

2. Butch

Butch Well-Known Member

Hey Dog,

Have you tried demanding procedures?

???

3. dogwood

dogwood Member

Butch,

That was my next course of action.

But what do I if it comes back the old TL address?

Do I send a DV to the old address to have it returned and then send it back to Experian and ask them how they were able to verify with an erroneous address.

And what about TU with the FNBO address....that's another issue altogether...how can they report for someone else?

If that's the case any CA can hide under the OC's listing and keep reporting.

thanks for responding Butch.

Dogwood

4. dogwood

dogwood Member

Butch,

check this out:

Who is CardMember Services?
    CardMember Services, located in Norcross, Georgia, has been engaged by First National Bank of Omaha to provide customer service for First Consumer's credit card account holders.

Services are available over the web at www.cardmemberservices.net/FirstConsumers and through our automated voice response system at 1-866-691-0053. You may also reach us at P.O. Box 922788, Norcross, GA 30010-2788,where your written correspondence will be handled in a timely fashion. Please include your current address and telephone numbers in case we need to contact you.

Seems CardMember Services is reporting as FCNB on TU and FNBO is reporting as FCNB on Exp...

How can this be? How can they be allowed to misrepresent themselves?
    FCNB is gone...how can they report as someone they're not? Are they behaving as an OC to avoid having to validate?

thanks, Dogwood

5. dogwood

dogwood Member

Bumped for Butch

6. Butch

Butch Well-Known Member

Hey Dog,

Now my heads spinnin. lol

Who's who and where, has become such a convoluted mess I can't believe it.

Is there any other angle from where you can attack the problem? Not "instead of" but in "addition to."

I mean, I'm assuming you want the TL deleted. I'm just wondering if there are any other issues that you can use to go along with this one.

???

7. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

How should he deal with this????

8. lbrown59

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Both of the people you are dealing with here are CAs. One of them is masquerading as an OC and verifying to the other one.
    This is highly illegal.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

9. lbrown59

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Both of the people you are dealing with here are CAs. One of them is masquerading as an OC and verifying to the other one.
    This is highly illegal.Especially when both CAs are owned by the same party.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

10. dduke25

dduke25 Well-Known Member

I thought Cap One/Westmoreland bought all old accounts from FCNB?

11. dogwood

dogwood Member

Re: Re: FNBO is verifying FCNB...I'm LIVID

12. lbrown59

13. dogwood

dogwood Member

Re: Re: FNBO is verifying FCNB...I'm LIVID

lbrown,

For some reason this posting duplicated itself...I just saw that you responded to the other thread as well...

thanks, Dogwood