Date opened??

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by DukeaK, Jul 23, 2004.

1. DukeaK

DukeaK Well-Known Member

I know this is probably a dumb question, but is the "date opened" listed on each entry on your credit report, is that the original date the account was opened?? and if you have ca listed on your reports does the "date opened" listed there mean the date they took over the account or does it mean when the actual account was opened with the original creditor Thanks for any help you can give

2. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

bumped for

DukeaK | 27 posts since Jun 2004 205.188.116.137 | 07.23.2004 @ 21:17

I know this is probably a dumb question, but is the "date opened" listed on each entry on your credit report, is that the original date the account was opened?? and if you have ca listed on your reports does the "date opened" listed there mean the date they took over the account or does it mean when the actual account was opened with the original creditor Thanks for any help you can give

3. jam237

jam237 Well-Known Member

It is SUPPOSED to be the date that the original account was opened.

But some CA's including major ones can't get that concept through their heads.

4. DukeaK

DukeaK Well-Known Member

Thanks, thats what I thought, but I wanted to make sure. The one account is off by about 5 years..

5. jam237

jam237 Well-Known Member

The real logical flaw is when they report a date closed earlier than the date opened, how can the same account be closed before it was ever opened? :)