LVNV Issue

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by maxtexada, Sep 13, 2005.

1. maxtexada

maxtexada New Member

I sure wish that I'd been aware of this forum before I started making mistakes by myself. Thanks for terrific advice and postings thus far.

Here's my latest:

The evil LVNV appeared on my credit report several months ago. At the time, I didn't know better, and figured that whether the debt was mine or not, better to pay a settlement and have it removed from my report.

I paid the settlement - around $400 - over the phone, with my debit card. I was assured that it would be removed. No, I didn't get it in writing. Oops.

You can guess the rest of the story: it was merely marked as a settled collection, not doing me much good. Telephone conversations with the LVNV/Alegis/Resurgent people were to no avail.

I've sent disputes to the credit bureaus, and a certified dispute letter to LVNV's Houston office, which was returned to me as "undeliverable".

Today I called my bank and disputed the payment to LVNV, citing "services not received".

I know that I've done a lot wrong in this matter, but have I done anything right??? I appreciate any advice that you have.

Thanks!