Amex-Apply for card section

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Dani, Mar 15, 2001.

1. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

I have a question...again. When I log into americanexpress.com I click on Apply for a Card (by the way I am trying to see if I am preapproved for another Amex card). On the next screen I click already a cardmember. Then the next page I get three options 1) I know which card I want 2) Help me find the perfect card or 3) Add someone to my account. Which one should I go to or did I make a wrong turn somewhere? Any help and I'll appreicate it. Thanks.

Dani

2. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Re: Amex-Apply for card sectio

I would like to know also please! :)

3. Jason-AMEX

Jason-AMEX Guest

If no pre-approved offers show up it is because you are not eligible for any. You are not doing anything wrong, it is just that is all available for you since you are not pre-approved--is to choose from the cards available. Just because some people are getting this does not mean that you and everyone will as well. I had some people at work try this as well and those who have low tenure, i.e. less than 6 months, did not get any pre-approved offers. Sorry, but you will just have to wait for an offer based on your tenure and spending.

4. Saar

Saar Banned

Thanks, Jason. In that case I was indeed "offered" the cards, not "pre-approved" for them. Probably because of the 6-month barrier.

Saar

5. Aux

Aux Well-Known Member

I got to same screen. I have Gold Card (Charge Card) for almost 4 years. There is no pre-approved for me??

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I HAVE HAD BLUE FOR 16-17 MONTHS...NOTHING FOR ME...

:(

7. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

I have optima for 9 months. Nothing for me also. I'm planning to
    close this account in two weeks. Very disappointed with Amex.

8. Saar

Saar Banned

Geo, have you considered converting to the Optima Platinum 9.9%?

Also, one of the Blue card products offers similar APR

Saar