Experian responded -- now what?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Trying2Fix, Jul 28, 2006.

1. Trying2Fix

Trying2Fix Well-Known Member

I disputed a tradeline on all 3 reports from Applied Card Bank several times. It was removed from Equifax but remains as verified on Experian and TransUnion. I disputed again and today I got a letter in the mail from Experian that says:

"We are responding to your request to verify item(s) on your personal credit report. We have already investigated this information and the credit grantor has verified its accuracy. Please refer to the personal credit report you received for the name, phone number, and address of the credit grantor who verified this information. If you still believe this item is inaccurate, then we can add a statement of continued dispute to your personal credit report at your request, or you may wish to contact the credit grantor directly to resolve your issue. If you have additional relevant information that was not presented when you previously disputed the information, you may mail it to us and we will reinvestigate your claim."

Now I definitely don't want to contact Applied Card Bank directly because I don't want the tradeline to reappear on my Equifax report. However, is there another letter that I can send demanding it to be removed? The credit report just has the address, phone number and name of the OC (Applied Card Bank). Don't they have to send me the person's actual name? HELP!

2. owe2much

owe2much Well-Known Member

Anyone know how to handle Experian being a PITA about re-investigating?
    If it has been removed from EQ and TU, but EXP leaves it and refuses to re-investigate.
    What is the best course of action?

3. jam237

jam237 Well-Known Member

How did you dispute the first time?

99% of the time, they will not re-investigate a normal dispute.

If the tradeline is the OCs, then they more than likely won't *UNLESS* they change it *AFTER* they VERIFIED the tradeline to display contradictory information. Then, I had success in arguing that "The tradeline being disputed is NOT the same as when it was verified; because " in my case, the company moved the OPEN date by three months

If the tradeline is a CAs, I've had success in demanding an OC validation arguing that the OC is the original source of the information; and under Cushman v. TransUnion; since you are challenging the authenticity of the DF's information, they have to verify with the alleged ORIGINAL SOURCE the OC.

You don't want to do this until you know that the OC will not respond, in the case that I used that avenue with, the OC told the CA to cease collecting the account, the CA refused to comply, and the OC wanted to get the matter over and done with, and the easiest way was for them to do an end-run around the CA, and I knew how to draft the game-plan. ;)

4. owe2much

owe2much Well-Known Member

I have my disputes, and my friends disputes, both similar:

My friends derogs (5 total) were all deleted from TU and EQ, EXP put verified but the TL's still show the same dates from 4 years ago. He disputed "Not Mine"
    They sent a form letter "already verified", and "contact OC"

My disputes were for "Amounts wrong", now I am re-disputing as "Not Mine"
    TU and EQ accepted the new disputes, EXP refuses.

Is it legal to refuse a re-dispute?