Can i use Unclean hands equitable estoppel

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by peeper, Jan 24, 2008.

1. peeper

peeper Well-Known Member

The plaintiffs attorney is using their own account number instead of the plaintiffs account number on past notices and uses a reference number on complaint to confuse and deceive defendent.May be using plaintiffs name as cover to collect on an account they bought from plaintiff.
    Instead of serving defendent in person sends summons/complaint regular mail from two different addresses.
    Also i don't have any garnishable income and no unexempt assets so can i use that fact as an affirmative defense?
    Can the fact that the account number their past collection letters refer to is not the account number i had with the plaintiff an affirmative defense?

2. Dumb Bob

Dumb Bob Well-Known Member

I'm not exactly following your question. Can you use the doctrine of unclean hands? You can use anything you want. Will it win? I don't know, I'm not a lawyer, I'm Dumb Bob.

Regarding questions about what "affirmative defenses" are, you might consider looking up "affirmative defense". It's confusing to a lot of people.

Regarding your inablity to pay, that isn't a defense of any kind I've heard of.

3. enigma

enigma Well-Known Member

In answer to all your questions, No.