Experian won't delete a negative tradeline

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Jookycola, May 20, 2009.

1. Jookycola

Jookycola Member

So my 6-month battle is almost done. I finally got TransUnion and Equifax to delete a Negative TL from a CA that was refusing to acknowledge the debt was paid to the OC. (I paid the original creditor, not the collection agency...the Original creditor still owned the debt)

I sent a dispute letter and a copy of the paid in full bill to Experian, but they said they couldn't us any of my information??? That make any sense?

But for some reason Experian refuses to delete it. Instead they left the CA's negative TL on there and listed it as "Paid, closed". Not sure why they went that route, the CA doesn't own the debt. I mailed them proof of that. If they don't own the debt how can they verify the info?

Should I fight it? TransUnion and Equifax had no problem accepting my letter and proof and then deleting it from their reports. Why is Experian shunning my proof and siding with a collection agency?????

2. ccbob

ccbob Well-Known Member

Did you dispute the entry with Experian as being inaccurate or incorrect?

Did the CA verify that the data was accurate to Experian?

Is it really paid and closed? If so, Experian isn't "siding" with the CA, they are complying with the law. If it's the CA's tradeline and the CA says that it's accurate, then Experian HAS to report it as the CA says. (See the FCRA).

If your proof shows that it's paid and the account is closed, then Experian is reporting it just like your proof says. What's to complain about. That you happened to pay the OC doesn't change the fact that it's paid and closed.

I don't mean to bust your chops over this, but you'll need to find another way to go about this. Experian is the most stubborn of the bunch. I'm not sure what the answer is but you might try to see if the OC will pull the account back from the CA. Then, after you know that it's been pulled, try to dispute the tradeline through Experian again.

Since you've already thrown all your evidence at them, you might be in a pickle unless you can find something new, down the road, to send. If you don't, they might just ignore you as a pest who is just hassling them for no apparent (to them) reason.

This one will take some time and some creativity (or a lawsuit) to make go away.

3. jlynn

jlynn Well-Known Member

The CA does not have to own the debt to be able to report it. They can report assigned debts, and unfortunately, you self-validated the debt when you mailed in proof of payment.

You need to look at the TL itself and make sure that all information is being reporting completely and accurately. You might can attack it from that angle.