Need Help! I did a stupid thing

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by lowfico, May 23, 2009.

1. lowfico

lowfico New Member

Hi.

Sorry I did not come across this forum before I tried to pay of my debts (ie didn't DV, PDF, etc.). Anyhow, I have an old WAMU account which went into default in Jan 2007 and was sold to a CA HUDSON & KEYSE (said that I owed about $5500). Fast forward 2 years later, I decided to pay off all my debt and I received a letter from First National Collection Bureau for a settement for $1800 out of $4600.

On the letter it says the original creditor was CHASE and the new creditor is Jefferson Capital Systems, LLC.

Thinking it was the same account since CHASE purchased WAMU and on all CRA reported as being CHASE, I decided to settled. Payment went through and I realized that the account number listed on the letter that FNCB was different from the WAMU/CHASE account I have.

I do noticed that they did an inquiry on me and probably that might be how they know that I have a debt with Chase.

I'm in the process of disputing the transaction with my bank but what else can I do? I do not recall that I ever had a Chase account with that number and on my credit reports with all 3 CRA does not have it also.

Thanks in advance.

2. ccbob

ccbob Well-Known Member

It's possible that they are, in fact, the same account. You'd have to find out from the CA. It's common for CAs to use their own accounting and numbering system, so the fact that the account numbers are different may or may not be bad.

In any event, it's confusing so you should find out/confirm with the CA the original account number (call them to say you're just checking your records, or something).