Need advice

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by hbyers213, Sep 24, 2010.

1. hbyers213

hbyers213 Member

My husband and I are wanting to buy a house by next year. My credit is pretty good lower score than I thought I'd have but I haven't had much on my credit besides my car payments. My hubbys credit not so great he didn't make great choices when he was offered evil credit cards. Almost everything on his credit report is past SOL we were going to just let it fall off his credit but I've read on here that you can pay to get it removed. Would it be wise to send a letter stating that is past SOL and we are willing to pay x amount to remove from credit report? Any advice or different approaches will help. I just don't want to open a lions cave if nothing will come out of it. Do they really remove from your credit report? Thanks

2. cathyG

cathyG Well-Known Member

two options often used by members of this forum are either 1) pay for delete, or 2) having the CA agree to sign a NDA in return for payment; after payment has been made, you dispute the account, the CA is unable to respond due to the NDA, and the CRAs will delete the items from your account because they received no response from the CA.

use the search link in the forum (next to New Posts) and search for "pay for delete" and "nda" or "non disclosure agreement" to read up on these options.

3. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

I don't believe these work as well some people lead you to believe, but it's worth a try. PFD used to work in some cases, but more and more creditors are refusing to delete because it violates the terms of their agreements with the CRAs.

The NDA may work, I don't know. But both of them are worth a shot. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

4. sandy24

sandy24 Member

I agree with hedwin