Other unsecured card beside 1 premier

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Bren, Dec 3, 2010.

1. Bren

Bren Member

and Orchard, I only see these two.I know the fees are bad,but I need a few cards.so if any one knows anymore out there let me know.

2. JoshuaHeckathorn

JoshuaHeckathorn Administrator

Are you looking for an unsecured credit card to help rebuild credit? Or are you looking for a "secured" credit card?

You have more options than Orchard Bank and First premier in both categories. And yes, fees are bad, but hopefully you won't need the cards more than 1 year to prove you can manage them wisely and upgrade to a better unsecured card with less fees.

Compare all our recommended unsecured credit cards here: Credit Cards for Bad Credit

And secured credit cards can be compared are here: Secured Credit Cards

3. Bren

Bren Member

I am looking for other cards Like Orchard,1 premier,I want unsecured Credit card ,I only see those. Where are the others . thank you

4. seamonkey

seamonkey Member

I've had both the first premier and orchard bank. First Premier gave me so many fees I wound up cancelling it. I've had the orchard bank one for about a year now. I dont' remember what the set up fee was, but they dont' fee me out the ass. I pay on it twice a month, when I get paid and pretty much only use it for prescriptions. They increased my limit to $400 this week (it started out at $300)

5. JoshuaHeckathorn

JoshuaHeckathorn Administrator

If you want to stick with unsecured and you have bad credit, Orchard Bank and First Premier are really your best options. If you go the secured route, you'll have more options like cards from Cap One and Public Savings Bank.

6. JMason

JMason Well-Known Member

If you are considering a secured card, make sure the money you put up front acts as a savings account and when you finish using it to increase your scores you get the back the upfront fee to secure the limit plus the interest accrued.

Also, on any secured card make sure the interest rate is low, they report to all 3 bureaus and don't have a processing fee or a monthly fee.