need a little help

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by huskey8, Apr 15, 2014.

1. huskey8

huskey8 Member

I was told by a gentleman in the lounge that perhaps I should move my post here

Im a totally disabled vet I have been trying to repair my credit for the past year I have managed to have some negative items removed by a company that does credit repair for a monthly fee and just recently was able to obtain two secured credit cards My ultimate end game is to obtain a va loan and have my own house. My real problem is tht I have TBI traumatic brain injury and reading and retaining facts is very hard for me so much of this stuff is just so hard for me to understand It took me almost an hour to type this letter would anyone be willing to work with me on a one to one basis

God Bless
    Richard

2. jam237

jam237 Well-Known Member

One thing to keep in mind is most people here are only consumers, working one-on-one in a way that doesn't provide 'legal advice' is a challenge.

I try to check the forum regularly, but can't guarantee with my multiple schedules.

3. huskey8

huskey8 Member

Thank you Sir I understand what you are saying I appreciate any help that I can get my injuries make it near impossible to remember complex written things but if I recieve one or two things at a time to do I can follow that my only option is to contnue to pay this credit repair company

4. huskey8

huskey8 Member

Ok here is what Ive doneI I have two secured credit with $1000 limits Ive had them for a month I used them or everything this month ran one to $800 and the other to $ 600and paid them both off today I just got done applying to Capital onel and was accepted for a $500 card I have a question though are the secured cards reported
    diffrent then a unsecured card. The cards that I have are from TD bank USFF and Capital one So my plan is to keep doing this for a year and hope that it will improve my credit score The other thing I saw was from a company that will give me a loan for my car title they loan up to a max of $5000 i thought i would do this a few times and this would help also

5. mindcrime

mindcrime Well-Known Member

If you have not checked your credit reports recently, you're entitled (every 12 months) to a free credit report from each of the 3 major CRA's. You can pull all (or one or two), by clicking HERE.

You will see on your reports for sure how your credit cards are reporting, however when I had the need for a secured card, it reported as "Secured Credit Card". When it was converted, the "Secured" notation was dropped. THIS does not factor into your FICO scores. It may factor on manual reviews (such as a mortgage).

I would not be applying for any more revolving credit at this point. 3 revolving CL's is a good number in order to help build and boost your FICOs. Installment loans do not help nearly as much, and I strongly suggest staying away from "car title loan" businesses. The interest will be outrageous. If you truly feel the need for an installment loan, go to your bank or credit union and take out a small secured installment loan with them. Safer, and cheaper.

Another thing to consider, do these secured cards convert/graduate to unsecured? You will want cards that do this, otherwise you're stuck with your cash tied up in the secured account until you close it.

Also, once you have your updated reports you can list the negative accounts and we'll help with suggestions for you.

6. huskey8

huskey8 Member

Ok I requested my reports for some reason they won't email them so I filled out the form and sent it snail mailso as soon as I get them back Ill repost whatever infomation that you need to help me This week their is a seminar for veterans on how to use the va bill to buy a house which is just what I hope to do by this timr next year I never want to live in the street again or depend on handouts

7. mindcrime

mindcrime Well-Known Member

If your information does not match their records (while requesting the report online), you'll get denied instant access. You probably were asked to send copies of DL/SS card/utility, something to that effect for proof of who you are. Once you get your reports, just list out the negative accounts, along with Date of First Delinquency (DOFD). We don't need account numbers or anything personal that ties in with who you are specifically.

8. credit guy

credit guy Member

you've done enough for this country. I wouldn't pay anything