First National Visa card?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Meadowlark, Apr 17, 2001.

1. Meadowlark

Meadowlark Active Member

I just received an offer from First National Visa card , first there is a check made out to me 3.25 for showing good faith to go with their card,plus a free personal credit report and as soon as I cash the check, I receive my credit application from them, no security deposit needed or savings account needed, usually when something sounds too good it is!!!! But I can`t find a flaw,oh yes credit line of 2,500.00 Please, has someone else received something like this????

2. mvfl

mvfl Guest

Read the fine print again. It says credit line UP TO $2500, with the minimum credit line being $250. 99.999999% of applicants will only get a $250 credit line. Also check to see what the annual fees are. I accepted their offer because I was desperate, and yes, I even knew what the fees were but I really needed another account. When I got the card the total fees of $175 were already charged to it (out of my whopping $250 balance.) So, if you really need the card and you are willing to pay those extremely high "acceptance fees" "montly fees" "program fees" and "application fees" that eat up your available balance then go for it!

3. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Yup you are better off getting a capitalone secured card. At least you get your $49 or $99 deposit back with interest.

Here you pay $175 for a small credit line AND PAY interest on that fee too! heh. crazy!

4. Meadowlark

Meadowlark Active Member

Thank you for opening my eyes to that one!! you know there should be a law against people like that, all I want to do is rebuild my credit, some of them remind me of vultures!!!

5. FatJake

FatJake Guest

Sounds like the terms are close to First Preimier.