Credit Clean Up 101 Help!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by creditfree, May 13, 2001.

1. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Don't worry about being CORN FUSED.

2. creditfree

creditfree Well-Known Member

Yep, I'll take the bait. And it will end here...

Guess what G. Fisher, perhaps YOU read too much into MY sentences. My comment about 'Fishy insight' was all I wrote (other half of it had nothing to do with you), it was not disrespectful and it ended there and was specifically my way to convey to LMH that I understood the point he/she was trying to make...I'm new to this board, and I'm certainly not making any assumptions about anyone that responds within a subject I post.

HOWEVER...My purpose of learning about my rights as a consumer are just that, MY purpose and MY rights, you have NO business assuming or suggesting reasons why I may be doing so.

Your way of communicating in these last few posts don't sit well with me as I see others have a problem with the comments you make too. I would appreciate it if you cease and desist commenting anything about me or towards me, I never asked for your opinion on my personal issues.

Your best bet is to move on from this. I've said all I am going to say on this matter.

3. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Registrant:
    Greg Fisher (CREDITSCORING2-DOM)
    Box 342
    Dayton, OH 45409-0342
    US

Domain Name: CREDITSCORING.COM

Administrative Contact, Billing Contact:
    Fisher, Greg (GF2599) gfisher@ERINET.COM
    Greg Fisher
    Box 342
    Dayton, OH 45409-0342
    937-297-1884

I did a little research, and although Greg's style is a bit different, he is not someone I would refuse to talk to. He is taking on the scoring system big time with his website, and has made some major waves doing it.

Go read his stuff, and see if you don't agree. As far as his style goes, it takes that sort of approach to go after the bureaucracy. He isn't scared to nail them when they pull their "stonewalling" act.

I would want him on my side :)

breeze

4. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

Regardless of what side he's on, from reading his website I certainly wouldn't want to get in an email flamewar with him. LOL. I stayed up much too late last night reading the email exchanges between him and the CRAs. At about 2 this morning I was actually beginning to feel sorry for Equifax! :) (I've snapped out of it.)

5. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Oh Dave!!

Thanks for the belly-laugh!! Tooo funny. Yep, he doesn't cut 'em any slack.

"shoot low, sheriff, they're ridin' snakes!"

breeze

6. creditfree

I meant TML, not LMH...

7. creditfree

I need to post this once more...perhaps someone has some suggestions, this isn't like the rest of the 'bad debt' that I can handle with validation and c&d letters is it? I mean they specifically note in there letters that they will be happy to provide that information...any takers on this one??

thanks in advance

8. godaddyo

godaddyo Well-Known Member

First of all, definately dont have time to use a spell checker. I post here striclty for the learning experience and to alleviate any boring posts that I might be reading on another site. Unfortunaley MR Fisher, your posts bore me also and this will be my last reply to your out of context remarks that I do not have the time to answer. It seem that anyone from the lower end of the gene pool can get a computer and a modem now a days. That is a shame because of the blatently childish remarks that you have made on this thread. Why didnt you just ask Creditfree for his social security number while you were at it? I am not saying that you dont have the right to ask questions(its America its your right, Right?)I was just stating that you left your question so open ended that it sounded funny"(Please note that I did not say Fishy, Because I agree that it is improper and just plain stupid to make fun of someones name)

9. godaddyo

Also I realize that credit free was not trying to make fun of you from his statement. Are you the same Greg Fisher who was a former officer for Charter Banc would you? Just kind of funny how I was reading about a Greg Fisher who used to work for Charter Banc in Centerville Ohio.

10. godaddyo

Ibrown54
    Its better than than those new martial arts, Kung Fused or something like that.........

11. godaddyo

Ibrown59,
    Sorry about the 54, What does your name stand for? By the way do you think that you could let me know your social security number or any other financial information that you are willing to divulge?lol just kidding!

12. godaddyo

To anybody else in this person's situation: The sad truth is that they have wasted a lot of time and put themselves though needless agony. They were a candidate for bankruptcy a few years ago, but, for some reason, decided against it. Had they been declared bankrupt they would have been much better off for years.

Greg Fisher,
    From what little you have really gathered from the info that Credit Free has offered us on this thread, how do you come to this conclusion that bankruptcy would have been his best choice. Many folks decide against bankruptcy for many different reasons(too many to state here). You have jumped to a major conclusion that this would have been the best choice in his financial situation. I also find it sad that you would suggest this for others in this reader digest synopsis of Credit Frees" financial matters. You are probably better off hounding the CRA'S than giving advice on bankruptcy. By the way how is the mortgage business treating you?

13. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

I don't presume to answer for Greg, but it seems like you have two choices when you are in over your head in debt.

1. You can string along creditors as long as you can, making token payments on closed accounts or to collection agencies. This will let the creditors constantly reage accounts. When you are done paying, even if it takes 4, 5 or 6 years then you STILL have to wait the 7 years before the negative information falls off your credit reports (assuming you don't try to dispute to get the accurate information removed from your reports). You could be setting yourself up for 11+ years of bad credit.

2. You can resign yourself to the fact you're in over your head, declare BK and start the clock ticking right away.

It would seem to me that for some, filing BK could be more advantageous than dragging the process out.

Obviously in the real world we have more than two choices, but if you WERE going to choose option 1, you'd be better off choosing option 2.

14. godaddyo

DaveLV,
    You are absolutely right in theory, that this situation could substantiate a need to file. Wouldnt you agree by the information obtained on this board about CreditFrees' situation that it would be impossible to make a statement that "quote G Fisher"

"To anybody else in this person's situation: The sad truth is that they have wasted a lot of time and put themselves though needless agony. They were a candidate for bankruptcy a few years ago, but, for some reason, decided against it. Had they been declared bankrupt they would have been much better off for years."

Isnt that a ridiculous assumption that should only be made by the person in question and a competent advisor in the area of bankruptcy? How can someone make such an analysis from so little information? Maybe I have missed something on this thread that I am not privy to, or maybe I am correct in my reading of the previous posts.

15. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Well, I just got back in from a weeks vacation in Mexico, so I'm not up to speed on the board yet, but here is what I say.

Filing bankruptcy should never be considered unless your indebtedness runs more than 100,000 and you have no hope whatever of paying. It's simply too easy to kill off the bad notices on your credit report to even think of bankruptcy which is much, much more difficult to kill off.

One simply has to learn how to do it properly and how to take them clear to the courtroom door and out the other side a winner. That's not all that hard to do either.

If I can't get rid of the creditor on my CRA files, I'll take him all the way to court as quickly as I can. I want him to go ahead and file for judgement because I know that once the judgement is granted, I'll be able to get it reversed every time.

16. godaddyo

Bbauer,
    Is that how you usually set them up? How does the fact that the infor is removed from the CRA make you more ready for a court date? This is very intresting indeed, please expand on your thoughts.

17. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Well, as I said, I just got back from a week in Mexico, and didn't read the entire bunch of posts before opening my fat yap, so I may have stuck my foot in my mouth. Hoof & Mouth disease, Dontcha know.?

Obviously if it has been removed from the CRA reports, then it would make no difference whatever.

On the other hand, the debt still remains and one must do something about that. Just getting it off the credit report is not the only goal for the simple reason that it can come back on you later. That's another of the many simple facts ignored by most on this and other message boards. People act as though the only object of the game is to get the credit report cleaned up. It isn't. Far from it.

One must also worry about the creditor or his collection agents. So I go at it a little bit differently, especially after a bit more experience with some of the non-answers that the CRAs have been chunking out lately.

I am now recommending that one do a "quickie" run on the CRAs and get rid of whatever one can the easy way. Apparently that amounts to about 40% of the reports on average one can get rid of without much hassle. Then it's time to get down to brass tacks by getting rid of the collection agencies and creditors themselves next rather than spitting out endless validation letters like machine gun bullets.

Of course, the validation letter is just the first step in the process which will end up in one of two ways, the first of which is that the CA or the creditor simply capitulates without any real fight. That's what happens most of the time, especially if it is an old debt.

The second is to take them out via the lawsuit route, and if that fails, then make them file judgement on you and then go for the juglar after they have been granted their judgement.

All of the above is what I teach my clients how to do. No matter what happens along the way, the end result is always a win for the debtor, and quite often it's a big win in terms of damage awards.

If they have to end up letting them get the judgement and then going back to court and getting the judgement reversed, then they can sue for huge damage awards and they will win every time.

18. godaddyo

I thought in your previous post you said if you can get them removed and actually it said if you cant get them removed. I cant read thats all. Leave it up to us simple minded folks to make the mistakes around here, Ok "Bbauer". lol :)

19. G. Fisher

G. Fisher Banned

Please, allow me to respond to some of the 12 posts you made over a period of 25 hours.

Ironic. I was only responding to your question, "did I spell it right?"

You haven't pointed out how the remarks are out of context, and you haven't answered my question about your remark about ambiguity. The context issue would have been my next question, but we never got there.

Please, name one. I'd be happy to respond.

What, precisely, is so exasperating to you? Give a specific example.

On, 05.17.2001 at 00:57 you said, "This would lead most who post here to think something is 'Fishy' about you."

No. What is your name?

Assuming that their goal is to buy a house, if the poster had been declared bankrupt seven years ago, they would have been eligible for a government guaranteed mortgage loan five years ago. But, I'm not really sure of their goal because they didn't respond to that question.

Name one.

I'm not afraid of the "B" word.

20. bbauer

bbauer Banned

Just read your post and checked out those two http:// references.

Looks like a lot of good information there.

One I am specifically interested in is the one about
    CBC Services. I need their full and complete address.

In case you didn't know, there is also a CSC Services at:

CSC Credit Services
    Box 674406
    Houston, Tx 77267

I think they are one and the same, your CBC Services even though they may be located at different addresses, even different cities.

I also tend to think that Equifax or maybe all of the 3 majors we are all so familiar with use these "insulator" companies to do the actual checks with the creditors/CAs instead of doing it themselves. That causes us an awful lot of extra problems in getting things accomplished. If we can even remotely connect these C?C companies together, then it's obvious that we will have to start attacking them and the 3 major CRAs and the Creditors/CAs all at the same time with validations and if necessary, appropriate legal action against all at the same time as well, filing individual suits against each for the same infractions of FCRA or FDCPA, (whatever) and make them each separately and severally liable.

What do you think?

We need to develop a strategy with these C?S Services companies who seem to have a different name for each region of the country that they "control" because we are clearly getting a run around from at least one of the big 3 who are using these birds.

Let me have some feedback on this