Listen to this SH***

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by roni, Nov 15, 2001.

1. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I mailed my payment to Chase early. It was due 11/8. I mailed it 10/30. Chase just posted my payment on 11/13. And that a blip. I understand that I am dealing with snail Jersey mail but damn. I almost sent the payment again because I was sure it was lost in the mail.....Is Chase testing all mail from JERSEY for ANThrax......HA!

2. DaveyBoy

DaveyBoy Well-Known Member

roni:

Are they penalizing you??

I hope not!

Damn...might as well start guessing what you're charging and send the payment in on the 2nd...

grrr...

DB :)

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Maybe we better start sending 1/4 of what you "THINK" the payment might be EVERY WEEK???

4. dinob12

dinob12 Well-Known Member

I work for the one of the big 3 auto loan finance companies..Anything going through N.J at this time can take 7 to 12 days..Back in early Oct it was much worse...Like 10 to 16...Honestly I would not mail a damn thing right now because you were really lucky they recieved the payment at all..Even my online bank adjusted there EBill system..They state that I should plan on a extra 2 days if they have to mail a payment to a location that cannot accept a automatic debit..

5. dinob12

They should be willing to waive the lc's due to this being the first time you were late..

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

IF THEY ARE GOING TO DELAY ALL MAIL...it shouldn't matter if it was the first or tenth late time...JUST GET RID OF LATE FEES!!!

7. mj

mj Well-Known Member

Roni-

I recall the statement had a note about any late fees would be automatically credited back - Chase delayed a few payments with me and it was NO problem - fees reversed, credit line increased anyway.

8. Saar

Saar Banned

9. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

I have tried it. It works excellent, the payments are
    posted very quickly!!.

10. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

George they hain't late payment fees.
    They are payment timing penalities:
    I know they call them late payment charges;but it tain't so!

11. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Thanks for the advise guys. No I dont do online bill payments. I am still reluctant to give access to my bank accounts online. I guess that may be sillly but I dont feel comfortable. I will call chase and debate the late.

12. dinob12

George..
    Realize this though..There are many customers that knowingly would mail there payment late every single month, sometimes 30 and even 60 days past due and probably do not care about there credit....Late fees are honestly just another way for a company to make money...I believe that every company should offer at least a 15 day grace period at the minimum..And Roni, if they do not remove the lc's try calling back and asking to speak to another rep that may be more helpful

13. freeze

freeze Active Member

Grace Periods: I feel that giving grace periods is a bad idea from a business standpoint. A business needs the capital to effeciently operate and it helps to know when the money is coming in. I do agreee that companies should make concessions based on good pay history or extenuating circumstances. That leads to becoming a more informed consumer and knowing which companies to deal with.

14. lbrown59

The reason we get into things like this is because the day you paid the bill is what ever day they say it is.You can't prove other wise because the credit laws have rendered your receipt null and void.
    You are responsible for improperly over seeing the entire operation of the USPS, thus you are charged a penality.The credit industry calls them late charges!

15. lbrown59

Won't work?
    Date paid is when ever they say it is.
    So it don't make no never mind when you you send the payment!

16. lbrown59

Might not be a good idea. More payments translates into more chances to be late.
    We might just send them our whole yearly income at one time and let them deduct the payment from it each month and send the balance if any back to you at the end of the year.
    I wouldn't count on getting to much back though.
    All the trumped up fees and the late charge on turning over your income you know.

17. lbrown59

1 problem is in todays world 1 day of a month is not enough time for a due date:

18. lbrown59

You can't pay every month and be 60 days late.

19. lbrown59

OH my heart bleeds for them. I feel so sorry for them. Poor souls.

20. lbrown59

What's needed here are early payment discounts rather than late charges.