?'s re: Target's instant online app

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Luke, Apr 12, 2003.

1. Luke

Luke Well-Known Member

Last week I put all my baddies in dispute and applied online with Target. I got the response I'd get a letter in 2 weeks letting me know their decision. I didn't get a phone number to call to check on my online application although I could tell from their website they sometimes give out the number. I figured I was denied.

Today I pulled my equifax again and noticed that my score was artificially inflated by 110 points. I went from 562 before disputes to 672 after disputes and I noticed the inquiry by retailers national bank was just put on there TODAY? Does that mean they are just getting around to processing my online application? I thought that was instant the moment I hit submit? Wouldn't they have pulled my credit last week?

Has anyone had a similiar situation happen to them?Do you think I'll get an approval after all this?

Luke

2. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

It is possible when you applied online that they couldn't communicate with the credit bureau computers, thus no instant approval. I know it does take 2 or 3 days for banks to collect the online info. So, yes it makes sense. The bad news may be that now a real person is going to review your report and see the disputes. That is going to hurt but you never know. Good luck.

3. cyana

cyana Well-Known Member

I applied online on 4/4/03 and got the same message that "further processing needed... you will receive a response in the mail within two weeks". Seems to be a pretty standard from reply from what I have read. "Reply" came within 30 sec of my final entries.

4. LKH

LKH Well-Known Member

I don't know. I got instant approval when I applied online for the Visa card. Of course, this was over a year ago.

5. cyana

cyana Well-Known Member

Perhaps it's because I knew that my bk would affect the approval process, I guessed that I would never qualify for the Target Visa. So instead of letting Target "choose" I just chose the "Target Guest Card only" option.

6. Luke

Luke Well-Known Member

I chose the guest card option too and I think I applied either the 3rd or the 4th of April. Maybe it was the same day as you and the computers really were down or couldn't connect to the credit bureaus. If you get your reply let me know!

Luke

7. cyana

cyana Well-Known Member

I will Luke... crossing my fingers. I just want a retail card to round out my post bk new tradelines and the Target guest card seems to one of the easiest to get.

8. cyana

cyana Well-Known Member

Luke, I received my Target Guest card in today's mail, 4/17/03 - 13 calender days after I applied online.

9. leo

leo Well-Known Member

what score did you have cyana

10. jas77

jas77 Well-Known Member

Cyana,
    I applied the same day I believe as you did. I got the same message saying its being processed, 7-10 days, etc etc.
    I got the target guest card in the mail today as well!!!!!! I thought it was a denial letter, but it seemed kinda heavy for that.. :)
    My scores were about low to mid 600's and they checked equifax. limit is 200

11. Luke

Luke Well-Known Member

Uggh! I hope I hear something tomorrow or Saturday. I didn't get anything yet. No denial letter, no card. I guess no news is good news. I had a score of 672 equifax when I applied. The only thing is I had disputed almost all of my tradelines except my mortgage and student loans. I don't have any open bankcards showing on my equifax report yet (I do have an open household but they haven't started reporting yet). Hopefully I'll get approved but I'll let you all know. Thanks for keeping me updated!

Luke

12. cyana

cyana Well-Known Member

Leo

I haven't pulled new credit reports yet but will so in a few weeks. In early Feb, I had 2 months post C7 discharge scores of EXP 633, EQF 584 (FICO), TU 631 (FICO). Three accts show variations of c/o, bad debt or paid collection - never paid anything- although I included them in my bk. Haven't tackled them yet.

Credit "Repair" so far: On my TU report (on-line dispute) I disputed two AMEX accts as "not mine". I was an AU on those accounts (my ex was primary). Showed as positive trade-line (ha ha - both accts have been turned over to nasty CA's since July 02). Probably cost some FICO score, but didn't want AMEX reporting to go "south"; besides AMEX had already been deleted from EXP and EQF.

My second mortgage was listed as "included in bk" and I reaffirmed so I contacted the mortgage co. They sent all three CRA's letter to update their records. That's why I am waiting a few more weeks to get my reports again.

New credit obtained so far:
    Providian Platinum Visa $2000 CL late Feb.
    Household Bank Mastercard $1500 CL 4/4/03
    Target Guest $200 CL 4/17/03

I expect the new credit to cost me some points but after the new credit payments start reporting my scores should pick up some. I also am 100% current on my mortgage payments so that should help some too.

Luke, your score was much higher than mine. I don't know what the criteria is for a Target Guest so you should get one.

13. Luke

Luke Well-Known Member

Whoo-Hooo! I got mine today! $200 credit limit.

Thanks creditnet!!

Luke

14. wajaba

wajaba Well-Known Member

Congratulations! Here's a tip on your first in-store use of the card: be prepared to present ID. In fact, be forthcoming with the cashier about it...just say something along the lines of "this is my first time using the card in-store, and from what I understand, you'll have to verify some form of ID and phone it in, or something." You might save yourself from an awkward moment at check-out time when your card doesn't go through, and it takes a shift supervisor, two other cashiers, and the guy working the soft pretzel counter to figure out why.

wajaba

15. psp in nm

psp in nm Well-Known Member

congrats, Luke!! :)

16. func15

func15 Well-Known Member

Did you get one of those mailer from Household. I just got one today and it says I can get up to $1500 CL for a Household M/C. I'm just cautious about Household, I've read some reviews and they were mixed. I'm thinking about applying for the Household M/C, but just don't want to get stuck with a $300.00 CL. Congrats on your new cards!

17. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

LOL!. That´s completely true!

18. jas77

jas77 Well-Known Member

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by wajaba
    Congratulations! Here's a tip on your first in-store use of the card: be prepared to present ID. In fact, be forthcoming with the cashier about it...just say something along the lines of "this is my first time using the card in-store, and from what I understand, you'll have to verify some form of ID and phone it in, or something." You might save yourself from an awkward moment at check-out time when your card doesn't go through, and it takes a shift supervisor, two other cashiers, and the guy working the soft pretzel counter to figure out why.

wajaba

That did happen to me the first time I used my card. It also happened the SECOND time I used it. Haven't tried for the third time yet, but I hope this doesnt keep happening, its a little annoying for them to be calling the 1-800 number every time I want to use the card!!!

19. cyana

cyana Well-Known Member

Re: Re: ?'s re: Target's instant online app

Yes, I did get the max CL of $1500. I received a flyer about six weeks ago and replied on-line about two weeks ago (after passing up on two seemingly "better" offers from Crap 1 - I do not want to get involved with them - my daughter had a very negative experience when she had a Student Card with them). I held my breath, too. About five days after I applied on-line i received an email from HH saying I had been approved for the max. I received the card about a week later. Unlike most credit cards this card expires in one year. My new Providian card expires in two years and my pre bk "prime" BOA Visa which was not canceled by creditor YET expires in three years.

I have a household income of about $37K but am paying $21K in mortgages (through June 2004). So, I did not expect the maximum CL. My second mortgage is through an affiliate of HH Bank (Household Mortgage Co.) and their customer service is exceptional.

I just used my Target Guest card on-line yesterday to order a new can opener - had to pay shipping - yuck. But it worth it to offset the inquiry when this card starts reporting and that is a substantial part of my post bk strategy - to gain some new positive trade-lines.

20. phantom

phantom Well-Known Member

Re: Re: ?'s re: Target's instant online app

I just got instantly approved for a Guest card with a $300 limit. If they pulled Equifax like others have said my score was 642. (Nice to have but I won't be using that much with a 21% interest rate!)